Feature Request: Edit Sermons with mobile app

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Gary Graham | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 31 2019 3:54 PM

I now only have my smart phone, and an iPad. (No PC computer)  I am trying to use the iPad for my deep studying.  The one shortcoming it has is not being able to create/edit sermons. I use the sermons system to take complete notes on a subject.

How big of a deal would it be for the mobile apps to be able to create/edit sermon files?

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 5:18 PM

This has been requested a number of times since Sermon docs were originally introduced to the mobile platforms. I would not count on seeing this anytime in the near future. Perhaps FL will surprise us...who knows?

Posts 1095
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 5:36 PM

Gary Graham:
How big of a deal would it be for the mobile apps to be able to create/edit sermon files?

I would imagine this would be a MAJOR undertaking, so I doubt we'll see this anytime soon. While it would be nice, and has been requested by quite a few, I don't know how usable such a feature would be widespread since most, like myself, I suspect, write sermons on the desk top platform. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2019 12:46 AM

Gary Graham:

HI Gary

Welcome to the forums.

I don't know about the mobile apps but the web app seems to offer that facility (not that I have actually tried it out).

This screenshot from my iPad...

Posts 21928
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2019 5:08 AM

Yes, the web app does support this.

I used it this morning to finalise my sermon just before the service and then it synced to the mobile app

It does require Internet access for this to work

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2019 9:32 AM

With the growing Chromebook market, which utilizes Android apps, and IOS 13, which turns the ipad into a small computer, this is more relevant now that ever.  Editing sermons from a smartphone may not be terribly practical, but many of us are now using the app with a large screen and keyboard - and this feature has true significance.

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2019 10:01 AM

Nick Highland:

With the growing Chromebook market, which utilizes Android apps, and IOS 13, which turns the ipad into a small computer, this is more relevant now that ever.  Editing sermons from a smartphone may not be terribly practical, but many of us are now using the app with a large screen and keyboard - and this feature has true significance.

As Graham and Mike indicated, the web app is the best tool for this when using a Chromebook, other Android device, or iOS device

Posts 167
Nick Highland | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2019 3:23 AM

Yes, and by switching back and forth between the web and mobile app, I can get a most functions, but it is a frustrating experience.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS