8.8 Beta 1 WIN 8.8.0.0007 intermittently crashes

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 758
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 31 2019 6:18 PM

This beta seems to crash randomly - sometimes when I right-click on a word in a Bible, sometimes when I move a tab to a different position on the screen and sometimes when I am just reading.  

Attached are logs from a crash that just happened.

0412.Logos - 2.zip

Posts 3192
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 6:30 PM

Yes I can confirm- has happened numerous times just clicking on a bible verse- also have not been able to create logs to post.

Posts 758
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 7:18 PM

Just had another crash when I left-clicked on a word with the goal of seeing what the Information tool would tell me about that word.

Logos froze for a few seconds and displayed "not responding" in the top-left corner of the screen, then it closed.

I was using the ESV Bible and also had the Dictionary of Biblical Languages with Semantic Domains (DBLG) open in a Link Set with the ESV Bible.  The DBLG had multiple resources display on with DBAG and Louw-Nida.

3034.Logos_Crash_190831.1856.zip

Posts 26814
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 7:26 PM

I had a crash while I was away from the computer. It was likely still updating library information for the tags I had added.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2102
LogosEmployee

This crash should be fixed in 8.8 Beta 2.

Posts 758
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2019 9:36 PM

Wonderful.  Thank you Andrew and team Faithlife.

Posts 758
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2019 4:44 AM

Thought I would share this one more crash, just in case it's helpful, because it occurred on a path less traveled:

I replicated this crash consistently three times out of three attempts:

• I opened Logos to a blank layout
  • Opened only one sermon document
  • Clicked on the Export menu in the top-right corner of the panel
  • Clicked on Print/Export on the pop-up Export menu
  • Logos started to load the preview for printing/exporting the document but crashed before the document was displayed.

3554.Logos_Crash_190901.0431.zip

Posts 758
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 5:28 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
This crash should be fixed in 8.8 Beta 2.

A possible workaround for the benefit of fellow Logosians, I noticed that I am using the Multiple Resources Display Function when Logos crashes. 

The crash seems to happen when this function is being used in one or more resources in my current layout, and there isn't a hard/direct anchor reference between the resources.  For example, Logos will crash when I have a lexicon that has another lexicon displayed with it using the Multiple Resources Display function and they don't both have the same anchor reference between them.  Logos seems to get lost then gives up by closing the app.  This can also happen with other types or combinations of resources.

When I turn off the Multiple Resources Display in these situations, it does not crash.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS