40% Off EBC Revised Edition!

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 2 2019 5:04 PM

The expositors Bible commentary revised edition is on sale for 40% off!  This is the lowest price I’ve seen since March madness 2 years ago.   Mostly revised content and a few new authors make this a good addition to your library even if you already own the old EBC.  Andreas Kostenberger‘s contribution to the Pastoral Epistles is worth the investment!

DAL

Here’s the link: https://www.logos.com/product/20185/expositors-bible-commentary-revised-edition-rebc-13-volumes

Posts 119
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2019 5:35 PM

Dal, a quick question: If you had to choose one, which would you choose... the WBC at $399 or the Revised EBC at $269?

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2019 6:01 PM

MWW:

Dal, a quick question: If you had to choose one, which would you choose... the WBC at $399 or the Revised EBC at $269?

WBC is the more technical set, but still provides good reflections in the “Explanation” section.  So WBC would be my choice, but the downside is that is not a complete set; EBC is a full all books of the Bible set (Keep that in mind when you make your decision).  👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 119
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2019 7:57 PM

Thanks!

Posts 199
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2019 11:24 PM

I don't know.

If such things matter to you the EBC-RevisedEdition comes in at 

• Volumes: 13 and pages: 11,939

while the WBC comes in at 

• Volumes: 61 and 28,000+ pages.

It is true that WBC does not cover every Bible book but it is also only "missing" two books fro the New Testament.

Acts and 1st Corinthians.

I can't really account for the content as I have not dug deeply into each series but I would go for the WBC myself if I were to be doing this from the start again. Again, this is just my opinion.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 1:57 AM

WBC It’s also missing the Peter O’Brien Volume on Colossians & Philemon. Even after it took that hit, I’d still go with WBC.  Now, that doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy both of my EBC sets (Original and Revised). They’re both excellent and still provide solid scholarship!

DAL

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 2:05 AM

Forthcoming WBC volumes 

Posts 199
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 7:02 AM

DAL:
WBC It’s also missing the Peter O’Brien Volume on Colossians & Philemon.

My apologies...

I missed that.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 7:11 AM

Roy:

DAL:
WBC It’s also missing the Peter O’Brien Volume on Colossians & Philemon.

My apologies...

I missed that.

No need to apologize! The good thing is that if everything goes according to plan, we might get more volumes this year. 👍😁👌

Posts 459
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 3 2019 7:48 PM

It's great to see this sale on the revised edition.  If you're like me, and own the original version in both Logos and hard cover, you may wonder whether it makes sense to spring for the revised edition, even at this price.  Some of the opinions in this thread may be helpful, if you're on the fence.

Posts 4
Kenneth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2019 3:46 AM

I just bought the WBC set. Which do you guys think is a better buy as a supplement --- Revised EBC or the ZECOT/ZECNT, both at 40%?  Or skip them and wait for NICNT/NICOT to go on sale? 

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2019 4:35 AM

Kenneth:

I just bought the WBC set. Which do you guys think is a better buy as a supplement --- Revised EBC or the ZECOT/ZECNT, both at 40%?  Or skip them and wait for NICNT/NICOT to go on sale? 

Keep WBC and wait for NICOT/NT 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 119
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2019 12:19 PM

Thanks for the advice... I ended up choosing the WBC. If for some reason it doesn’t resonate with me, I can always switch to the revised EBC later in the month.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2019 1:04 PM

MWW:

Thanks for the advice... I ended up choosing the WBC. If for some reason it doesn’t resonate with me, I can always switch to the revised EBC later in the month.

It’s better this way, because the $399.99 sale price is gone, now you only get 40% off like the other sets.

DAL

Posts 594
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 4 2019 10:18 PM

DAL:

Forthcoming WBC volumes 

The Fall 2019 Zondervan Academic catalog (page 42) says the print edition of Goldingay's commentary on Daniel will be issued in December, 2019.

No dates are mentioned for any others.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2019 6:20 AM

Well that kind of sucks that they’re focusing on revisions rather than new volumes of new material that’s missing in the series. We already have Goldingay on Daniel.  The revision could’ve waited.

Posts 1838
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2019 9:03 AM

DAL:
they’re focusing on revisions rather than new volumes of new material that’s missing in the series

I assume it is easier to get Goldingay to assign this task (revision) to a research assistant that he (Goldingay) will only have to proof before going to the editors, than it is to get an author to commit to a new project on Acts, 1 Cor or Col.

My question is: How was Baker able to get Darrell Bock to commit to Acts in BECNT and Zondervan was able to get Schnabel to commit to Acts in ZECNT and Eerdman's was able to get Peterson to commit to Acts in PNTC all in the last 12 years (and Lexham was even able to get Huffman to commit to Acts in EEC - no publication date yet), but Thomas Nelson can't find an author to do an edition in WBC?

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2019 9:48 AM

Doesn’t Zondervan own Thomas Nelson now (for good while now)?

DAL

Posts 208
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2019 11:49 AM

DAL:

DAL

No, but you are close. Thomas Nelson acquired Zondervan then Harper Collins acquired Thomas Nelson and here we are.

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2019 11:59 AM

Matt Hamrick:

DAL:

DAL

No, but you are close. Thomas Nelson acquired Zondervan then Harper Collins acquired Thomas Nelson and here we are.

But a lot of Thomas Nelson resources were cheap before, but when they acquired Zondervan all the prices got inflated and most of us were blaming Zondervan for it, since they’ve kind of always been the expensive ones 🤔 one guy even called them “Zondercrooks!” WBC and the original EBC went up 3 times the price and so did other cheap bundles like Vine’s Collection, Charles Stanley Collection, etc.

Anyway, I miss the old cheap prices.  I remember even the Preacher‘s Commentary used to be between $59 and $89 bucks! Not anymore!

DAL

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS