N. T, Wright new book: The New Testament in Its World (Worth to get it now at pre-pub price?)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 4
Andrew Lim | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 5 2019 8:08 PM

Hi brothers and sisters, I've been wondering whether to get this resource now at pre-pub price or should I wait for a deeper discount (if that would ever happen). Does the discounted price of a publication normally go below the Pre-pub Price? 

I'm quite new to Pre-pub(s), any help or advise would be great!

List price: $59.99 (as per Zondervan & Amazon)

Logos Pre-pub price: $37.99

https://www.logos.com/new-testament-in-its-world-nt-wright

Posts 201
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 9:33 AM

FaithLife has a guarantee that a resource will not be offered below its pre-pub price for 6 months. If it is then you can call for a credit. The guarantee for Connect members is 1 year if I recall correctly.

EDIT:

The N.T. Wright book is not really pre-pub though, it is pre-Order.
I believe this 'may' indicate that this is the intended price but that is a guess on my part.

Posts 958
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 9:48 AM

Roy:

FaithLife has a guarantee that a resource will not be offered below its pre-pub price for 6 months. If it is then you can call for a credit. The guarantee for Connect members is 1 year if I recall correctly.

EDIT:

The N.T. Wright book is not really pre-pub though, it is pre-Order.
I believe this 'may' indicate that this is the intended price but that is a guess on my part.

I don't believe the pre-pub price guarantee still exists. Zondervan resources rarely go on sale for more than 40% off, so I'd say the price is good if you want the resource soon. That said I've only ever bought individual resource so I can't comment on the likelihood of the book appearing in a base package.

Posts 6497
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 9:53 AM

I already preordered it. I think it’s already funded, that’s why they have “preorder” instead of “Prepub.” Logos is probably already working on it to get out the door soon 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 201
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 11:11 AM

Paul Caneparo:
I don't believe the pre-pub price guarantee still exists.

Actually it does. Please see the quote from Logos's website on pre-pubs.

All Pre-Pub orders have a 6-month lowest-price guarantee. If we offer a book for less than its Pre-Pub price within 6 months of shipping, just contact us and we will give you the difference in Logos credit.

found here... https://www.logos.com/prepub/about 

or... it could be that their site is not up to date with their current policies. Wink

Posts 12
LogosEmployee
Thom Blair (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 11:25 AM

The Pre-Pub price guarantee is still in place, confirmed!

Posts 958
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 12:00 PM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

The Pre-Pub price guarantee is still in place, confirmed!

Thom

That's good to know I would have sworn it had been withdrawn around a year ago.

Posts 125
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 12:09 PM

Oddly the Facebook advert mentions "Insider tip: your pre-order includes free Bible software!" But doesn't actually expand on what that is (Logos 8 Basic?).

Posts 436
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 3:40 PM

Dave Colclough:

Oddly the Facebook advert mentions "Insider tip: your pre-order includes free Bible software!" But doesn't actually expand on what that is (Logos 8 Basic?).

Yes, the Order Summary includes a link to free Logos 8 Basic

Posts 125
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2019 2:13 AM

Ah ha! Yes

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS