compare and contrast soteriology

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1403
Blair Laird | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 6 2019 2:41 PM

I am looking for a suggestion as to the best book that compares and contrast the soteriology of protestants, orthodox and catholics. 

Posts 423
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2019 4:35 PM

You might take a look at this book and see if it approaches what you are looking for.

https://www.logos.com/product/52241/salvation-as-praxis-a-practical-theology-of-salvation-for-a-multi-faith-world

you can get a little better preview here

Posts 1836
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2019 3:02 AM

Blair Laird:

I am looking for a suggestion as to the best book that compares and contrast the soteriology of protestants, orthodox and catholics. 

To gain an accurate understanding you may need to push in to a little more granularity within protestants (e.g. "Free Grace" vs. "Lordship Salvation" or the role of water baptism in salvation [Stone-Campbell movement vs. Baptist] or the ordo salutis of Arminians/Calvinists). I'm not trying to promote any one view (a violation of Forum guidelines), but simply exposing that soteriology within the Protestant camp is not understood in a monolithic way.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS