Can't install Logos on my new Mac

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13358
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 8 2019 12:56 PM

I'm trying to install Logos on my new MacBook Pro, but setup keeps failing. I get to the bit where it's supposed to let me choose how much of my library to install, but I keep get "Failed to load. Retry." Clicking Retry gives me approximately 1-minute wait, but then the message repeats. I have an active internet connection.

Posts 24919
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 8 2019 1:58 PM

Trash Logos, re-download, drag to Applications folder and try again.

What version of OS?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27670
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 8 2019 5:24 PM

Mark Barnes:
setup keeps failing

You aren't on beta macOS, are you? I know that changes are coming which regulate which apps can be installed on macOS without elevated permissions. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27670
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 8 2019 5:39 PM

Mark Barnes:
I'm trying to install Logos on my new MacBook Pro, but setup keeps failing. I get to the bit where it's supposed to let me choose how much of my library to install, but I keep get "Failed to load. Retry." Clicking Retry gives me approximately 1-minute wait, but then the message repeats. I have an active internet connection.

Have you tried restarting the device? Do you plan to attempt the "scan" method? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4639
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2019 12:29 AM

Mark Barnes:

Mark, loath though I am to 'teach my grandmother to suck eggs' you might help us with a couple of screen shots!

Command + Shift + 5 is your friend in this respect.

Posts 13358
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 9 2019 6:09 AM

I ended up skipping the step and downloading resources manually from within Logos. I suspect it was a server issue.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS