Teach the Text Important Question

Page 1 of 4 (72 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 71 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 6417
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 15 2019 6:49 PM

Have all the volumes of the Teach The Text Series been published?

I know the series got cancelled, but I just wanted to know if all the volumes that are supposed to be out are out or are we waiting for more?

I’m able to get all 21 current volumes for $159.99. I think it’s a great deal! (Sorry can’t post a link).

DAL

Posts 26543
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2019 10:35 PM

from Baker:

The series will be limited to 21 volumes rather than the 34 volumes that were originally planned. Thirteen volumes will not be published. The remaining eight volumes will be published in paperback without full-color visuals. While we regret to omit the four-color visual content, these changes will make it possible to publish the commentaries in a sustainable, familiar, and affordable format.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 942
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2019 11:36 PM

I think above probably also explains why someone recently felt some of the visuals (I think in the Acts volume) were of a lower standard than other volumes.

Posts 6417
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 2:42 AM

I guess they weren’t selling as originally planned.  Interesting approach to writing commentaries.  It’s unfortunate that they couldn’t finish the series.  Oh well, I’ll test drive it and see how it is.  It’s definitely cheaper now that it will ever be in Logos.  At $159.99 for all 21 volumes or $9.99 each, it’s a bargain!

DAL

Posts 1098
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 7:28 AM

Paul Caneparo:

I think above probably also explains why someone recently felt some of the visuals (I think in the Acts volume) were of a lower standard than other volumes.

Yeah. That was me. I was disappointed when I discovered this. I've grown to love the TTT series, and was saddened when I discovered, by accident, that some were in B&W with no images. The color versions are excellent, with a ton of tagged images that support the text. I use a lot of images in my Sunday morning messages, and the TTT series was an excellent resources for relevant images.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 1098
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 7:30 AM

DAL:

I guess they weren’t selling as originally planned.  Interesting approach to writing commentaries.  It’s unfortunate that they couldn’t finish the series.  Oh well, I’ll test drive it and see how it is.  It’s definitely cheaper now that it will ever be in Logos.  At $159.99 for all 21 volumes or $9.99 each, it’s a bargain!

DAL

That is a good deal! I really like this series, and concur that it's very unfortunate! Wish they had completed all the resources in full color. I especially loved the application sections at the end of each commentary section - excellent devotional material.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 41
Chi Shun Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 7:57 AM

Is this a sale that is about to go live soon or is it a special sale just for particular users? I don't see the discount yet.

Posts 942
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 7:57 AM

Myke Harbuck:

Paul Caneparo:

Yeah. That was me. I was disappointed when I discovered this. I've grown to love the TTT series, and was saddened when I discovered, by accident, that some were in B&W with no images. The color versions are excellent, with a ton of tagged images that support the text. I use a lot of images in my Sunday morning messages, and the TTT series was an excellent resources for relevant images.

Slightly off topic, I've recently switched to using less images and more Bible verses on the screen when I preach. I find fewer people are looking at the Bible these days, so rather than 'illustrate' my talk with pictures, I find I'm trying to direct them to the Bible verses I'm focusing on in particular. It doesn't mean I no longer use any pictures - just far fewer. 

Posts 6417
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 9:09 AM

I use verses and pictures! Accordance has a great “sermon builder” called “Paper” and you can add pictures attached as thumb nail images and when you click on them they zoom out into a good size slide that you can show to people and make it bigger if you want.  I preach and teach from my screen so this feature is extremely super useful.  Unfortunately, Logos never really cared to look into it.  That would’ve made the sermon editor the Father of all sermon building editors, but nothing! I guess FL just wants to have something average and not excel on this important feature!

DAL

Posts 942
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 11:11 AM

DAL:

I use verses and pictures! Accordance has a great “sermon builder” called “Paper” and you can add pictures attached as thumb nail images and when you click on them they zoom out into a good size slide that you can show to people and make it bigger if you want.  I preach and teach from my screen so this feature is extremely super useful.  Unfortunately, Logos never really cared to look into it.  That would’ve made the sermon editor the Father of all sermon building editors, but nothing! I guess FL just wants to have something average and not excel on this important feature!

DAL

DAL

Contact your rep in their sales office and I suspect you'll get another 30% off the price you quoted. They've always given me 30% off their web price.

Posts 5025
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 1:48 PM

Chi Shun Cheung:

Is this a sale that is about to go live soon or is it a special sale just for particular users? I don't see the discount yet.

This is a sale for another Bible Software company.  You will not find it on FL site.

Posts 6417
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 4:30 PM

Paul Caneparo:

DAL:

DAL

DAL

Contact your rep in their sales office and I suspect you'll get another 30% off the price you quoted. They've always given me 30% off their web price.

In my sales rep email that he sent, he said that’s the price he can offer.  I assume it’s because Baker publishes them and they place restrictions like they do Logos and AccordanceBible.  Either way, is a great bargain. I have til Friday to decide πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ

DAL

Posts 942
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 11:35 PM

DAL:

Paul Caneparo:

DAL:

DAL

DAL

In my sales rep email that he sent, he said that’s the price he can offer.  I assume it’s because Baker publishes them and they place restrictions like they do Logos and AccordanceBible.  Either way, is a great bargain. I have til Friday to decide πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ

DAL

Thanks DAL

I got the same response. First time I haven't been able to get an extra 30% off that company. Shame Faithlife can't get those prices from Baker. Ironically I would have bought several volumes from Faithlife, but I'll pass as even at $9.99 I don't like the other company's apps as much.

Posts 942
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 4:43 AM

Well I spoke too soon! Logos are now offering the volumes at $9.99, so credit card at the ready!

Posts 421
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 5:22 AM

Not all are available for individual purchase, and the two bundles are not given any discount? Hope Faithlife would offer discount for the whole seriesπŸ‘πŸ»

Posts 6417
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 5:43 AM

Nevermind 

Posts 6417
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 5:46 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Well I spoke too soon! Logos are now offering the volumes at $9.99, so credit card at the ready!

Awesome, I’d rather have them in Logos anyway!

DAL

Posts 919
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 10:12 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Maybe you didn't (speak too soon that is) they are all priced at $26.99 for me

Posts 119
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2019 10:17 AM

Coffee

David Carter:
Maybe you didn't (speak too soon that is) they are all priced at $26.99 for me

Same for me ???

Page 1 of 4 (72 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS