The Bible Project

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Jeffrey T. Requadt | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 15 2019 9:22 PM

The Bible Project videos are already available on the Faithlife streaming channel. Why not make them available as media accessible within Logos, like the mobile ed courses? There is also other materials, such as workbooks, that could be integrated. E.g., the book overview posters (one/two per biblical book, plus an OT overview and a NT overview) could also be made interactive to some extent, perhaps hyperlinked to biblical references. I can see lots of possibilities.

Posts 183
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 12:45 PM

Great idea! Lots of possibilities.

Posts 5004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2019 1:15 PM

Jeffrey T. Requadt:

The Bible Project videos are already available on the Faithlife streaming channel. Why not make them available as media accessible within Logos, like the mobile ed courses? There is also other materials, such as workbooks, that could be integrated. E.g., the book overview posters (one/two per biblical book, plus an OT overview and a NT overview) could also be made interactive to some extent, perhaps hyperlinked to biblical references. I can see lots of possibilities.

I agree all of this would be nice, I'd like access to everything within the one environment. I truly appreciate the desire but stepping back for that desire for me their is an issue with this concept.

For me the issue is that we will end up having to pay for these sort of possibilities if they are implemented - we should not expecting them to appear in the Logos environment for free. The mobile ED course take work to prepare as would integrating the workbooks into the Logos environment. We should not expect everything free from Faithlife. I like a freebie and a huge discount as much as the next person but they people at FL deserve to earn a living. 

This lead to the hear of my issue  - Rather than paying to have these materials within the Logos environment I'd encourage people to put that same money they'd be willing to have the Bible Project incorporated into the Logos environment into supporting the Bible Project or BiblicalTraining.org or ThirdMill.org or any other organisation of choice that is providing free biblical training to the world for those who don't have the funds for a Logos Library but may have a greater need for biblical training than those of us who already have nice Logos Libraries and some Mobile Ed courses already at our fingertips. 

Posts 149
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2019 7:53 PM

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS