Download all resources option not appearing

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 10:47 AM

JT (alabama24):
I can understand why some users are disappointed that it has been taken away, but it was always a bit of a hazardous thing to do. It isn’t just that users might have to redownload everything: it also caused the corruption of notes/highlights (when resource files weren’t in sync) and difficulties (or the inability) to reinstall the app. Faithlife has willy/nilly taken this away... rather, they have decided that (at present at least) it is in the user’s best interests. 

What would realy be in the user's best interest would be to fix the problems that downloading the entire library.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 11:23 AM

JT (alabama24):
The logic behind...

... is always a red flag. If FL marketed that way, fine.  But the combination of the ministry moving across devices, and the tablets being quite powerful, suggests (back where we started) ... they should fix the software, instead of fix the customer.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 5859
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 6:02 PM

Denise:
I think Disciple meant full-download.

Thanks Denise, there was an error in the auto conversion from my brain to keyboard.

Posts 5859
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 6:03 PM

Denise:

JT (alabama24):
The logic behind...

... is always a red flag. If FL marketed that way, fine.  But the combination of the ministry moving across devices, and the tablets being quite powerful, suggests (back where we started) ... they should fix the software, instead of fix the customer.

Yes  After all the customer is the reason they exist.

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 6:14 PM

DIsciple II:
After all the customer is the reason they exist.

The difference between the views is over how best to serve the customers. Faithlife believes that it is in the best interest of the customers to limit the downloads, so they do. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 6:21 PM

DIsciple II:
Thanks Denise, there was an error in the auto conversion from my brain to keyboard.

It happens to the best of us. Smile

Posts 23
Jeremiah Ketchum | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2019 8:34 PM

I will add that I really miss this feature too!

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2019 12:04 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
What would realy be in the user's best interest would be to fix the problems that downloading the entire library.

It looks like that might be happening. No timeline though. 

Posts 2
Romeo Fernando | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 21 2020 5:48 AM

I feel very disappointed that I cannot   download  all my logos data in a short time like iI used to in the earlier days.    I purchased a new 16 inches Macbook pro and since the last two day I have ben downloading my data - nonstop - and a huge amount of data is pending and  yet to be downloaded. Its a snail's crawl! 

Logos this is not fare! We pay exorbitantly hight prices for the Logos packages and have a right to have all our resources at our disposal  to be used at will. And I am not able to do that. And instead of finding the necessary solution we are  being advised to just download what is necessary. 

Now i have some 7 GB of data that I own.  i would like to browse and acquaint myself through all my resources so I can use them when i have a need. But this is frustrating, now to do  that I need to have an internet connection 24/7 . I am from India and don't have high speed internet always at my disposal. 

If you are not able to sort this soon. You need to send us the data on a pendrive so we can just upload it fast to our computer, hassle free. . Many Bible software companies are doing that. Please resolve this issue and I would appreciate a response. Thank you! 

Posts 2864
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 21 2020 6:34 AM

Romeo Fernando:
I purchased a new 16 inches Macbook pro and since the last two day I have ben downloading my data - nonstop - and a huge amount of data is pending and  yet to be downloaded. Its a snail's crawl! 

the desktop let’s you download at the installation when you first put the app on your computer. This thread applies to the mobile apps only.

Posts 29802
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 21 2020 11:26 AM

Romeo Fernando:
Please resolve this issue and I would appreciate a response. Thank you!

The forums are not a primary means of communication with Faithlife directly. To speak with them directly, you will need to call or email. 

Romeo Fernando:
I have ben downloading my data - nonstop - and a huge amount of data is pending and  yet to be downloaded.

Romeo Fernando:
have a right to have all our resources at our disposal  to be used at will. And I am not able to do that. And instead of finding the necessary solution we are  being advised to just download what is necessary. 

I do not quite understand your issue. On the one hand, you seem to be complaining about downloading too much. On the other hand, you seem to be complaining about not having all of your resources downloaded. Can you please clarify? 

As Kevin implied, this thread (and forum) is for the mobile app only. Since you are discussing the desktop (Mac) app, you should create a new post in THIS forum. 

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS