Learn How To Build A Personal Book

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 484
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 4 2019 6:01 AM

I want to learn how to build a personal book.  I have searched on the website but didn't find much that was helpful.  I want to create chapters and sections within chapters and then be able to click on links to go to them. Essentially, this means building a table of contents. Does anyone have some links or documents that relate to building personal books? Thank you for your help.

Posts 10102
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 4 2019 6:15 AM

Michael Kinch:

I want to learn how to build a personal book.  I have searched on the website but didn't find much that was helpful.  I want to create chapters and sections within chapters and then be able to click on links to go to them. Essentially, this means building a table of contents. Does anyone have some links or documents that relate to building personal books? Thank you for your help.

To your general interest about learning to build PBs: I personally would go to https://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books and take it from there. Read the Files subforum, take some PBs that are shared, look into the Word documents and use them as examples. If you want more: there's a great course on PBs by John Fallahee from learnlogos.com (John has also decided to put the educational content of his other courses into PBs, so you'll have links to resources etc right inside your Logos: a smart move!)

Regarding your more specific question: This is really easy. You build your PBs from a source in MS Word format (you could use another word processor such as LibreOffice). In Word you just utilize the Heading styles - either from the ribbon or most convenient from Outline View - for chapter headings, section headings etc. Logos will automatically build the ToC from those.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS