Logos 7 and Mac OS Catalina 10.15

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Timothy A Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 8 2019 10:27 AM

I just upgraded to Mac OS Catalina and now Logos crashes every time I try and open it. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Tim

Posts 2
Timothy A Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 8 2019 10:44 AM

Never mind. I found the answer in another post. When you upgrade to Logos 8 it fixes the problem. 

Do that and you'll be good.

Posts 3157
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 8 2019 10:45 AM

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry this is happening. Can you enable logging, and replicate the behavior to get Logos to crash? https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027869132-How-to-Enable-and-Submit-Log-Files

Once you've submitted those logs delete the Logos application file from the Applications folder, and download a fresh copy at www.logos.com/install. It may be that you need to update to Logos 8 as well. In that case that URL should give you some guidance on how to do that.

Thank you.

Edit: I sent this before I saw Tim's follow up.

Posts 18035
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 8 2019 1:15 PM

Timothy A Smith:

Never mind. I found the answer in another post. When you upgrade to Logos 8 it fixes the problem. 

Do that and you'll be good.

Welcome Big Smile plus concur upgrade to Logos 8.8 (or newer) is needed for macOS 10.15 Catalina

Logos 8 upgrade is free => Logos 8 Basic

Verbum 8 upgrade is also free => Verbum 8 Basic

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2
Blair Phibbs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2019 10:18 AM

I am having this same issue, but the link for Logos 8 upgrade does not work for me.  I'm in Canada so maybe that's the reason? 

Posts 2
Blair Phibbs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2019 10:36 AM

I got it figured out. The link doesn't work, but google helped me find the right spot on the Logos website to get the Logos 8 upgrade.

Logos is launching just fine now.

Posts 2
Frank Martens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 5:17 PM

Hello,

Is there no way that I can have Logos 7 and Catalina?

I really didn't want to upgrade to Logos 8 due to speed complaints.

Thanks

Posts 18035
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 5:52 PM

Frank Martens:
Is there no way that I can have Logos 7 and Catalina?

Welcome Big Smile

No because unsupported Logos 7 lacks compatibility fixes for macOS 10.15 Catalina. Logos 8.8 and Verbum 8.8 are the initial desktop releases that work on macOS 10.15 Catalina. Personally liking revamped context menu (right click) in Logos 8.8 & Verbum 8.8

If want to use Logos 7.19, then macOS 10.14 Mojave is the latest usable macOS.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2
Frank Martens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 5:53 PM

What is "Verbum 8.8" and how does it differ from "Logos"?

Posts 18035
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 6:08 PM

Frank Martens:

What is "Verbum 8.8" and how does it differ from "Logos"?

Verbum is Latin for Word (while Logos is Greek for Word). Verbum includes Deuterocanonical passages in Bible search while Logos excludes them (apocrypha heritage from Martin Luther). Verbum includes three built in collections: Catechism, Church Documents, Church Fathers. Verbum Home Page has different feeds than Logos. Verbum Guides include Liturgy section (while Logos Guide defaults do not).

Verbum web site => https://verbum.com/ includes install => https://verbum.com/install

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 27535
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2019 9:19 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Verbum includes Deuterocanonical passages in Bible search while Logos excludes them

This is not quite true. My Logos uses the ecumenical canon ... IIRC the canon is based on your prioritized Bible. The third party sermon sites in the Logos Guides are omitted in Verbum ... even when one uses both Logos and Verbum.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS