Make last used annotation style notebook specific

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3691
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 9 2019 7:42 AM

I have asked this a long time ago but I am asking again:

Would it be possible to have the last used annotation style (icon colour and shape, highlighting style) be remembered for each notebook? I don't know what systems others use to differentiate their notebooks, but I certainly use style to do so (e.g., Bible notes = yellow, Articles/Books notes = green). I constantly use these and others that are also coded by style. Each time, I go from one notebook to another (within the course of a study), I have to change back to the other notebook's style. It would be helpful if the last style used in a notebook did not apply to other notebooks. Unless of course, this would mess up with what many others are doing?

Posts 3691
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2019 6:15 PM

Does what I wrote make sense at all? I am surprised that there is no response whatsoever whether agreeing or disagreeing.

Posts 5162
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 12 2019 11:09 PM

With the old notes you could make the current style the default for the current notebook and then whenever you created a new note within that notebook it adopted that style.  But with the new notes that was dropped.  Everyone talked me down when I said there would be problems with the way in which FL were implementing the new note systems, but now almost 12 months into the new note system people are starting to realise the new notes system as implemented is not meeting their needs, is not allowing them work the way they are used to working, there are serious holes in the implementation because FL were more interested in meeting a deadline and pushing out the door whatever they had developed (with only 2 people working full-time on it I was told by a senior FL staff member) than actually developing a new notes system that took advantage of database technology but did not mess with the way their customers used the software on a daily basis to take notes and highlights and that worked consistently across different devices.

Posts 2044
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2019 12:48 AM

Francis:
Would it be possible to have the last used annotation style (icon colour and shape, highlighting style) be remembered for each notebook?

I too have asked for this. In fact, my request has been to separate "last used" annotation type. In other words, let each notebook (including "no Notebook") have its own last used style of highlight, (reference) note, (text range) note.

Francis:
Unless of course, this would mess up with what many others are doing?

It really shouldn't. I would assume that the last used style at the time of implementation would be assigned to all current notebooks (until changed), then subsequently all new notebooks could take the current style from "no Notebook." The only concern that I'm aware of is UX complexity with potentially confusing users as to what's happening, though the pros outweigh the cons in this situation IMO.

Posts 1600
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2019 3:41 PM

Francis:
Would it be possible to have the last used annotation style (icon colour and shape, highlighting style) be remembered for each notebook?

Yes! This would be so useful for my workflow!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS