Thoughts on Logos 9 Arrival?

Page 2 of 7 (140 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป
This post has 139 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 5386
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2019 1:23 PM

PetahChristian:

A gentle reminder that the forum guidelines ask us not to promote or link to competitors.

This thread is about Logos 9 and commenting upon where competitors are getting a leg up or already do so over FL to highlight where we as users would like to see Logos 9 improved to bring FL‘s offering in these areas back into the game need to mention what those competitors are doing better. 

Surely we all can cope with a competitor being mentioned in this context? 

Posts 3754
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2019 1:38 PM

Why not ask Phil directly, since he posted the forum guidelines?

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 7498
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2019 1:50 PM

PetahChristian:

A gentle reminder that the forum guidelines ask us not to promote or link to competitors.

I was just comparing the “sermon editor” feature and how Logos is missing out for not wanting to implement a request I and others have been asking for years now. That’s all, no promoting or links included.

DAL

Ps. I guess you have a different idea of what “promoting” means.  But the reality is that none of that is being done here.  Sometimes I wish new MVP’s wouldn’t get so zealous and take things to the extreme. It’s really unnecessary...just saying.

Posts 5386
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2019 1:54 PM

I don’t feel there is a need to ask Phil. I am comfortable with a competitor being mentioned in this context. If it makes FL feel a little bit uncomfortable because customers like what the competitor is doing then surely that is a good thing in the long run for FL to hear that sort of feedback. 

PetahChristian:

Why not ask Phil directly, since he posted the forum guidelines?

Posts 406
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2019 12:57 PM

MJ. Smith:

Adam Borries (Faithlife):
This is a supplemental dataset which labels the source of Old Testament passages as J, E, P, D, or L, according to Eissfeldt's 1922 analysis.

I hope this is not considered "completed" as I would like Mowinkel's Jeremiah which is in AFAT and used to be readily available i.e. before base of the interlinears/reverse interlinears was done. And some version(s) of the Gospel/Q should also be added.

Hi, MJ,

That's certainly possible, but not planned for now. We intentionally designed the label schema to be extensible for other sources, but adding more textual source data is dependent on licensing; and of course on our internal bandwidth to take on the work of adapting it for Logos. Thanks for voicing your support for it. 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 4079
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2019 4:09 PM

On another note, though it has been a bit since I checked last, was the atlas. Only some of the maps had accompanying slides to go with them. 

I did notice the other day that when I created a MacArthur slide his face came up so that is good!

Posts 113
Donnie Vick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2020 6:03 AM

So where are we now? Does Covid move a release date into 21?

Posts 2288
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2020 6:20 AM

My heart says 20.  My wallet says 21. My wife says 30.

Posts 28559
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2020 7:06 AM

Donnie Vick:

FL doesn't publicly address these questions often. Software development is better suited than most fields to "work from home," so I would not expect COVID to play too big a part in the release date. Just a guess. 

GaoLu:

Big Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1273
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2020 7:26 AM

GaoLu:

Hilarious! Geeked

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 355
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2020 6:08 PM

GaoLu:

Heart - Ditto

Wallet - Ditto

Wife - "Never!"

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 6
James | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2020 6:30 PM

Mine says the same Smile

Posts 113
Donnie Vick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2020 6:33 PM

That's where we then read Ephesians 5:23.

Posts 2478
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2020 10:00 PM

My wife already assumes I am going to buy something on Logos every month. It's me trying to keep up with the new features and stuff. Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2
Laura Mustermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2020 5:26 AM

I can really say. I am really looking forward tho. Logos 9 will be great

Posts 152
Dustin Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2020 4:28 PM

JT (alabama24):

Donnie Vick:

FL doesn't publicly address these questions often. Software development is better suited than most fields to "work from home," so I would not expect COVID to play too big a part in the release date. Just a guess. 

From a standpoint of working on development no, from a stand point of people willing to pay for new packages yes. Very different financial environment this go around. All comes down to where things are and if people are still in savings mode not knowing what the rest of the year brings I think with Faithlife taking this into account,and I could see a few different strategy's on their part play out.

Posts 29606
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2020 5:24 PM

From watching all but the first release, I offer the following observations:

• there may be a subtle hint within two weeks of release; or there may not be
  • there may be a night (day, weekend) when logos.com and verbum.com are acting wonky ... that is usually a clue that the site is being reconfigured for the new release; or it may simply mean a hardware upgrade - or failure.
  • when it does come there will be little advanced notice and some features will be incomplete ... okay, this is probably the most consistent observation
  • when several major forum posters drop their contributions substantially, that may mean that they are beta testing, or on vacation, or the people usually asking questions are on vacation
  • when the beta notes for the current version drop to only critical patches that likely means the programmers have been reassigned - you can expect either a major upgrade in mobile apps, major upgrade in web app, major restructuring or new function in desktop app, or improvements to Faithlife or Proclaim or interfaces to them.
  • conclusion - get yourself a nice cup of pu-erh tea and read the leaves - that may be as accurate. Bob will release Logos 9 whenever he decides to.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 11188
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2020 6:39 PM

Typically, star people offer confusing, though almost reasonable explanations for their absence, 22-23 days before major release (some years, it's been as many as 25 days). Confused

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 7498
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2020 2:52 AM

30% off Covid-19 upgrades and 35% off upgrades for FL Connect Subscribers ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ They will sell like hot pancakes!

DAL

Posts 1181
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2020 3:59 AM

DAL:

30% off Covid-19 upgrades and 35% off upgrades for FL Connect Subscribers ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ They will sell like hot pancakes!

DAL

I do hope that with L9 there is some special path to full features for the Covid-impoverished.

Page 2 of 7 (140 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS