Notes appear in a translation

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
David Kelly | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 19 2010 5:47 AM

I am new at this, but I have a question.

Using Logos 4.

There was a time when I opened the Amplified Bible and the Geneva notes were there also (yellow colored box beside the verse).  Noticed today that they were gone.

1.  How do I get it back?

2.  Is it possible to add other notes, i.e., Wurest Word studies, etc.?

Thank you,

Kelly

Posts 33862
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 7:30 PM

DavidKelly:

Not knowing your resources, I can't give a complete answer. But I can show you what you need to turn on to get the Geneva notes.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:02 PM

Where did your 1599 Geneva Bible Foototes come from? I don't see them listed as a Logos resource. Is this the user-generated notes file that someone mentioned on another thread that was imported from L3, which I see is now available only as a PBB? Or is it some product Logos used to sell but doesn't anymore? I noticed it mentioned on the list of iPhone app resources recently, so it seems it must have been a Logos product at one time.

Posts 27264
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:38 PM

DavidKelly:

There was a time when I opened the Amplified Bible and the Geneva notes were there also (yellow colored box beside the verse).  Noticed today that they were gone.

2.  Is it possible to add other notes, i.e., Wurest Word studies, etc.?

Your Q seems to be directed to Notes that you make for your own study (on the File menu) and which provide a yellow box beside the verse,  but also seem to refer to Resources ie. point 2 - Wuest's Word Studies in the Greek New Testament, which can also be classed as notes. So for point 1 I could refer you to The Reformation Study Bible which is a "modern restatement of Reformation truth" stemming from the Geneva Bible Notes.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:53 PM

For question 2, the name is Wuest's Word Studies, and you can open that in a resource window by typing the first few letters (wuest should do it) into the command bar, as long as you have that resource. You can't view it as pop-up notes, as Dave already mentioned, but if you arrange your layout so it's in a tile side-by-side with your Bible window, then link them together in the same Link Set (choose Link Set A from the panel menu which you get when you click the icon in the upper left of a resource) then they will scroll in tandem so you can have your Wuest notes alongside your Bible, showing the relevant notes as you navigate through your Bible. Hope that is what you wanted.

Posts 41
Paul Davey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:10 PM

Rosie Perera:

Where did your 1599 Geneva Bible Foototes come from? I don't see them listed as a Logos resource. Is this the user-generated notes file that someone mentioned on another thread that was imported from L3, which I see is now available only as a PBB?

I think on that page you linked to there is an executable Notes setup version.

Posts 33862
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 19 2010 11:34 PM

Rosie Perera:
Where did your 1599 Geneva Bible Foototes come from?

Mine came as user-generated notes. I've not compared them to the Reformed Study Bible.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS