Well, I'm TRYING to buy it! (Tabletalk July 2000)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 538
Brad | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 26 2019 3:42 PM

The July 2000 issue of Tabletalk Magazine appeared in the Bookstore section of the results of a Logos 8 search that I ran.  I clicked the orange "add to cart" button, but rather than adding that resource to my logos.com cart, whatever it is doing results in a web page that displays "your shopping cart is empty."  

After trying that another two or three times with the same result, I manually searched for that issue on logos.com and then clicked the orange "add to cart" button for that issue directly from the search results on logos.com.  Same result: "your shopping cart is empty."  

3rd Tactic:  I then clicked on the resource from the logos.com search results and the product page displays the price but the typical "add to cart," "quick buy" and "add to wishlist" buttons are missing.  

This appears to be one well-guarded resource. Any ideas about what may be wrong, and how I can actually purchase it?  I'll eventually call Faithlife, if necessary, but I'd appreciate any input anyone could offer in the meantime.

Posts 28220
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2019 3:44 PM

The behavior you describe is sometimes the result of already owning it. Have you double checked your library? Otherwise I'd suspect a SKU problem which FL has to address.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 538
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2019 3:47 PM

Thank you, MJ, I should have mentioned that I did check my library.  Somewhere in the middle of the process.  I have a handful of Tabletalk issues, but the July 2000 one is not among them.

Posts 10397
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2019 4:36 PM

To me it seems the issue is larger than this specific product. It seems that all the individual volumes of Tabletalk magazine (I tested a number of thoise), all either don't have a buy button at all, or result in an empty shopping cart. The bundles do work, though.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 6857
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2019 6:53 PM

NB.Mick:

To me it seems the issue is larger than this specific product. It seems that all the individual volumes of Tabletalk magazine (I tested a number of thoise), all either don't have a buy button at all, or result in an empty shopping cart. The bundles do work, though.

I’ve double checked and I can confirm that I’m getting the same behavior.  So something is definitely wrong.

DAL

Posts 8148
LogosEmployee

Brad:
Any ideas about what may be wrong, and how I can actually purchase it?

It looks like there's some sort of discrepancy/disconnect between logos.com and the resources marked for sale within Logos 8.

If you have a credit card associated with your Faithlife account, the "Quick Buy" button in Logos 8 should purchase the resource directly within the software (without going to logos.com). Note that I believe this will charge your card immediately, without taking you to a second screen for confirmation.

So if you do want to purchase it, try "Quick Buy" and let us know if that's also not working.

Posts 538
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 10:09 AM

Thanks so much, Bradley.  That is one technique I had not attempted.  After seeing your reply I tried the "Quick Buy" button in L8.  Logos 8 sputtered a while, indicating it was processing the order, then it displayed a confirmation message:

It is very kind of you to weigh in on this early on a Sunday, Bradley.  I really appreciate the helpfulness, and I am glad to have acquired the resource.

Posts 143
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2019 12:57 PM

I've asked before to purchase this issue about Gerstner and Jonathan Edwards and was told it must be a bug. I sure with I could purchase it...

https://www.logos.com/product/20344/tabletalk-magazine-october-1997-the-rational-biblical-theology-of-john-gerstner 

Posts 411
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2019 3:06 PM

Tony Walker:

I've asked before to purchase this issue about Gerstner and Jonathan Edwards and was told it must be a bug. I sure with I could purchase it...

https://www.logos.com/product/20344/tabletalk-magazine-october-1997-the-rational-biblical-theology-of-john-gerstner 

Hi Tony,  this is not a bug.

This volume is not available for individual purchase. However, if you scroll down the page, you will see the heading "This title is included in the following collections".  Ordering any of those products will also add this title to your library.

Posts 1061
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2019 6:57 PM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

This volume is not available for individual purchase. However, if you scroll down the page, you will see the heading "This title is included in the following collections".  Ordering any of those products will also add this title to your library.

It may not be a bug, but it is an annoyance to be constantly presented with individual resources that you cannot purchase individually.  It creates exactly the kind of user confusion and frustration that's described here.  I assume Faithlife has a reason for doing things this way, but I would really appreciate it if you could add a filter option to exclude resources that aren't available for purchase.

Posts 5303
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2019 7:23 PM

Agree we should be able to filter these out. They do have a purpose but they are not very purposeful when you want to see what you can purchase.

EastTN:

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

It may not be a bug, but it is an annoyance to be constantly presented with individual resources that you cannot purchase individually.  It creates exactly the kind of user confusion and frustration that's described here.  I assume Faithlife has a reason for doing things this way, but I would really appreciate it if you could add a filter option to exclude resources that aren't available for purchase.

Posts 635
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 6:47 AM

So some issues of the Tabletalk collection are available to buy separately and some aren't? Why the discrepancy? 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS