WAY more books on the website?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 414
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 27 2019 5:24 PM

So, I hadn't been on the product page for about a week. Last time I was on it was listing something over 36,000 books. It now says there are over 63,000!!

Is this an error, and if not, how did Logos suddenly add almost 30,000 new resources to their catalogue?

Posts 10109
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 5:31 PM

Jordan Litchfield:

how did Logos suddenly add almost 30,000 new resources to their catalogue?

They re-introduced showing ebooks (formerly known as Vyrso-books) on Logos.com, minus the fiction categories if I see correct. This helps getting the complete picture of search results (especially if you're looking for titles or a specific author).

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 414
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 6:05 PM

Okay, thanks.

Posts 17990
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2019 10:00 PM

Jordan Litchfield:
So, I hadn't been on the product page for about a week. Last time I was on it was listing something over 36,000 books. It now says there are over 63,000!!

If want to see Logos.com Live resources that are not in your library, can click => https://www.logos.com/search?page=1&sortBy=Savings&limit=60&filters=availability-storefront-lo_Available%20At%2Bstatus-live_Status&ownership=unowned

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1159
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2019 5:53 AM

NB.Mick:

Jordan Litchfield:

how did Logos suddenly add almost 30,000 new resources to their catalogue?

They re-introduced showing ebooks (formerly known as Vyrso-books) on Logos.com, minus the fiction categories if I see correct.

I'm seeing a ton of fiction books. It would be really nice if they were automatically excluded!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 878
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2019 9:24 AM

Myke Harbuck:
I'm seeing a ton of fiction books. It would be really nice if they were automatically excluded!

Could you give me some examples? It will help me look into why our rule missed them.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 1159
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2019 11:45 AM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

Myke Harbuck:

Could you give me some examples? It will help me look into why our rule missed them.

This is a bookmark I have to check for sales and freebies everyday. It doesn't have a minus-fiction in the string, but I assume it doesn't need it since fiction is supposed to be excluded automatically, correct? Clicking this link will reveal a lot of fiction titles.

https://www.logos.com/search?query=-Publisher%3APerseus%20-Author%3AShakespeare&limit=60&page=1&ownership=unowned&sortBy=PriceLow&filters=status-live_Status%2Blanguage-english_Language

Myke Harbuck

Posts 878
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 28 2019 12:41 PM

Myke Harbuck:

Myke Harbuck:

This is a bookmark I have to check for sales and freebies everyday. It doesn't have a minus-fiction in the string, but I assume it doesn't need it since fiction is supposed to be excluded automatically, correct? Clicking this link will reveal a lot of fiction titles.

https://www.logos.com/search?query=-Publisher%3APerseus%20-Author%3AShakespeare&limit=60&page=1&ownership=unowned&sortBy=PriceLow&filters=status-live_Status%2Blanguage-english_Language

Thanks, Myke, that's helpful.

We'll look why some of these titles slipped past our query and see if we can get them pulled down.

Posts 436
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2019 8:42 AM

It would appear that the new book browsing system broke the server.  

Just getting 500: Internal Server Error message all day yesterday and today so far. 

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2019 8:49 AM

Robert Neely:

Something is going on, but it may or may not be related to this issue. It works fine for me and a number of others, but others are experiencing what you are. Tongue Tied

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 436
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2019 9:00 AM

JT (alabama24):

Robert Neely:

Something is going on, but it may or may not be related to this issue. It works fine for me and a number of others, but others are experiencing what you are. Tongue Tied

i am very good at breaking things. 

does it work for you when you do a “Browse All Books” under the Books and Courses tab?

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 29 2019 11:22 AM

Robert Neely:
does it work for you when you do a “Browse All Books” under the Books and Courses tab?

yes.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1159
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2019 8:17 AM

We'll look why some of these titles slipped past our query and see if we can get them pulled down.

Hi Ben, any update on this? Thanks!

Myke Harbuck

Posts 878
LogosEmployee

Myke Harbuck:

Hi Ben, any update on this? Thanks!

Yes. We targeted "Fiction" as the primary category for exclusion. However, we neglected "Youth Fiction" "Young Adult Fiction", etc. We're working to adjust that going forward, but there may be a few legacy titles that remain.

Posts 3111
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 11:27 AM

Yes. We targeted "Fiction" as the primary category for exclusion. However, we neglected "Youth Fiction" "Young Adult Fiction", etc. We're working to adjust that going forward, but there may be a few legacy titles that remain.

I wonder if there's a Romance category that hasn't been filtered out yet (e.g., https://www.logos.com/product/43760/fairy-tale-romance-collection-the-healers-apprentice-the-merchants-daughter-the-fairest-beauty-the-captive-maiden-the-princess-spy, https://www.logos.com/product/21956/the-healers-apprentice). No idea what this might be hiding as. Actually, "novel" is a pretty good search term for finding fiction that has escaped the present filters.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS