Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Joshua Kirk | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 30 2019 6:54 PM

I'm trying to do a search of places in the Old Testament where the word "vine" is actually referring to Israel. I can write click on Vine in Psalm 80 and bring up Thing|Vine that was brought up from Egypt, but can't find any references outside of Psalm 80. I thought it might be something like <Thing vine> INTERSECTS <People Israel>, but that didn't return anything either. What am I doing wrong? Is there another way to go about finding this information?

Posts 36094
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 30 2019 9:33 PM

Welcome to the forums. This isn't the area of my expertise but I can head you in the right direction. I think you need to step back a bit and think about language a bit. The word "vine" never means "Israel" in the sense of definition of vine. The word "vine" may be figuratively used to represent "Israel" - symbolically or metaphorically. Look in the Help file or Westbury, Joshua R., Jeremy Thompson, Kristopher A. Lyle, and Jimmy Parks, eds. Lexham Figurative Language of the Bible Glossary. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016.

You could also look up "Vine that was brought out of Egypt" in the Factbook.

Unfortunately, I'm indexing and don't have complete search results

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27981
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2019 11:27 PM

Joshua Kirk:
<Thing vine> INTERSECTS <People Israel>,

There are some searches where you can't get adequate terms, and this is one. There are too many choices for people of Israel/Judah e.g. <Thing Vine> NEAR <Person Kingdom of Judah>

{Section <Culture Nations as plants>} or <Thing Vine brought out of Egypt> will bring up Ps 80.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS