Annotations

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Don Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 1 2019 6:12 PM

I can't figure out how to put an annotation to "The Great Divorce" to indicate chapter 11 may be based on the character of Janie Moore. How can I do that?

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 1 2019 11:42 PM

Welcome to the forums, Don.

Which platform are you on? If you're on mobile, please indicate which OS as well as which specific app (LogosBible, StudyBible, Noet, etc).

Posts 3
Don Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 2 2019 7:06 AM

I have a Mac Mini with OS 13.

Posts 587
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 2 2019 9:33 AM

Been a while since I used the Mac version, so it may be different than the PC version, but here are two different ways you can do it on PC (and this may be the same for Mac):

1. Drag your mouse across the section of text that you would like the annotation to be pinned to. For instance, the chapter 11 title.  Once you do this a context menu will appear that looks like this:

As you can see, it is divided into three horizontal sections: 1st section giving the options to 'Copy' 'Search' etc. The section just below that is divided vertically with an icon the left and seven icons on the right. The icons you see on the right will be different than what you see in the picture, because they represent your last used highlight. The icon on your left is the note (or annotation) function. Click that icon and it will open a note that will be attached to the text you have selected with the cursor.

2. A second way (if the first only works for PC right now): select the text you want to attach the note to and right click to bring up a context menu that will look similar (though maybe not identical) to this: 

There are two primary windows here. The window on the right (with a white color, as opposed to the grey on the left) has an icon and tag for "Take a note" - select that and it will open a note file which will be attached to the text you've selected with the cursor. 

Potato resting atop 2020 Mac Pro stand.

Posts 3
Don Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 2 2019 10:25 AM

Method 1 worked. Thanks a lot. Never would have figured it out.

Posts 32528
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 2 2019 4:31 PM

J. Remington Bowling - did you mean to show a note by reference rather than a note by selection?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 587
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2019 10:08 AM

I wasn't thinking about either one when I took the screenshot, MJ. I suppose "by reference" is just what I had last selected in my personal use. 

In this case it shouldn't make a difference for the user, since he was wanting to make an annotation in a monograph. Note by selection will be his only option. But it's a good point to keep in mind the difference for commentaries and Bible. Thanks! Yes

Potato resting atop 2020 Mac Pro stand.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS