Lexham Research Commentaries -- Luke

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 3 2019 4:46 PM

This has been on CP for 5 years!!! (You bid $50.00 on 11/6/2014) https://www.logos.com/product/26775/lexham-research-commentary-luke

The LRC are great resources and I noticed 2 more went straight into production,

https://www.logos.com/product/186486/lexham-research-commentary-matthew

https://www.logos.com/product/183944/lexham-research-commentary-daniel

which is great, but can Luke go into production also somehow? Maybe change the price higher and make it a pre-pub for $75 or something and normal for $99? 

Posts 711
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 3 2019 11:37 PM

Interesting point, Travis.  My bid was in 2013.  I just bumped up my bid offer.  Not quite to $75, though.  Wink

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 4:08 AM

I cant jump to $50 or $75. It seems to me the price would be higher than prepub/released price. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1452
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 5:33 AM

I really enjoy these research commentaries, especially the occasional graphics included.

Didnt know about the Matthew and Daniel volumes. Thanks!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 2817
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 5:35 AM

Yep. Final price for Matthew after release will be $49.99.

$50 is too much for CP. That's why it's stuck.

Instead of upping, lowering bids should do the job.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 4 2019 6:15 AM

Dont forget about Ruth https://www.logos.com/product/26362/lexham-research-commentary-ruth 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 116
LogosEmployee
Jake Mailhot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2019 1:46 PM

Travis Walter:
Can Luke go into production also somehow?

We actually don't have an author lined up for the Luke volume. It was posted to CP all those years ago to gauge interest in additional volumes in the series, along with Ruth, Jonah, and 1 Peter. The latter three were funded, we found authors for them, and were shipped (or are shipping soon in the case of Ruth). Since Luke has yet to be funded, we're holding off on putting it into production unless an author is found through some other project.

In the case of the Matthew and Daniel volumes, we had authors who were already working on projects related to those biblical books, so bringing them on board for a Research Commentary was easy since a lot of the work had already been completed.

Jan Krohn:
Final price for Matthew after release will be $49.99.

Yes, the current SRP for the Matthew volume is $49.99, but since we don't have a final manuscript in hand, it could go up if the length of the manuscript requires it. If that's the case, we will honor the $39.99 pre-order price that it's set to currently.

Posts 484
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2019 2:54 PM

wow this is disappointing to hear that after 5 years its still languishing and no one is tied to the project..  seems any one of the recent luke commentary authors could have been interested..

Posts 5577
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2019 9:42 AM

Travis Walter:

wow this is disappointing to hear that after 5 years its still languishing and no one is tied to the project..  seems any one of the recent luke commentary authors could have been interested..

There is no author because it has not been funded.

Posts 128
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 6 2019 10:35 AM

In the case of both Daniel and Matthew, I had authors approach me about doing the resource for this series because they were already deep into the research on that particular book. I've been looking for an author for Luke, and I have a few leads. My goal is to line up authors for the rest of the volumes in the New Testament.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS