Please FIX copy lemma from contextual menu

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 176
Danny Zacharias | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 8 2019 8:01 AM

Within the interlinear and original language Hebrew bibles, the right-click contextual menu has the section on the left to highlight the lemma. The problem is that Hebrew lemmas in the contextual menu often have the masoretic cantillation mark on the word. This is an error. And the resulting annoyance is that when I choose the "Copy" action, the cantillation mark is included. It is minor issue, but would love to see it fixed.

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee

Could you provide a specific example or screenshot of where you're seeing this?

Posts 9181
LogosEmployee

Are you talking about, for example, this accent on אֶ֫רֶץ ?

As far as I can tell, this appears to be a deliberate choice in the construction of the lemmas for the Logos morphology. (If I had to guess, perhaps it was a way to reduce the number of homographs.)

We would have to ask the linguists who developed the Logos Hebrew morph to know whether it's "an error". (What makes a choice of the form of the lemma more "right" than an alternative choice?)

Posts 176
Danny Zacharias | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 10 2019 3:44 AM

Yes, that is actually the exact word I was copying when I noticed :-) No other lexicon has the accent on the word.

What would potentially fix/help the issue is if we had the option in the new pop-up menu or the contextual menu to copy without cantillation, and even copy without vowel pointing

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS