Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 20 2010 7:34 PM

How about a button to be located next to the new tab button, that is similar to the layout function, but only applies to that tile.  When you clicked on it, a menu would drop down that contained a list of personalized "collections", such as Bibles, bible dictionaries, lexicons, commentaries, etc.  Each "collection" would contain up to about six or so resources.  When you clicked on a certain "collection", everything in that tile would close and the books in your "collection" would populate that tile.  One of the choices in the menu would be the previous tile layout.  I suppose the button would have to located permanently in the tools section and be draggable to any tile.  Any tile could then be quickly populated by any category of books.  (A similar idea was briefly discussed in a forum called, Ability to save TILE arrangements.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 7:57 PM

Jerry,

There is a already a way to do part of what you want. It involves using folders in Favorites. In the example below I created a new folder and called it 'Favorite Dictionaries'. I then dragged three dictionaries and dropped them on top of the folder title so they were added to the folder.

The next step is to drag the folder to an open spot on the RHS of a pane and drop it there. When you do this, the contents of the folder open in that pane. The shot below shows the end result of that action with the three dictionaries now lined up on the RHS of the pane I dragged the folder to. Of course this doesn't empty the existing pane. Before you drag the folder to the pane you could right click on the small tab of one of the resources in the pane you want to clear and select 'close other tabs'. This will close all but that resource but leave the pane there (if you close all the tabs, the pane gets merged with the one next to it). Not all you want but perhaps close enough.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 20 2010 8:40 PM

Thanks for the reply Mark.  I didn't realize you could drag an entire folder from favorites to a pane.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS