The Undocumented Black Friday Deal

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 18 2019 10:07 AM

If you've been disappointed with this weeks and last week's Black Friday Deal you might want to at least check out this one.  Slipped into play quietly this week is new Eastern Rites base packages up to Gold level.

https://www.logos.com/search?query=Verbum%208%20Eastern%20Rite%20-ultimate&limit=60&page=1&ownership=all&filters=publisher-3914_Publisher&sortBy=Relevance

With Dynamic pricing on the Gold package I'm picking up one new resource that normally costs $14.99USD for a grand total of $1.09USD.  Now that is more like a Black Friday Discount and it is a title of interest to me.

https://www.logos.com/product/149271/orthodoxy-and-catholicism-a-comparison  

At least give these packages a look, see what's new in them for you and whether you can pick up a 'Black Friday Deal' like this one.

Posts 736
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 11:00 AM

DIsciple II:

With Dynamic pricing on the Gold package I'm picking up one new resource that normally costs $14.99USD for a grand total of $1.09USD.  Now that is more like a Black Friday Discount and it is a title of interest to me.

At least give these packages a look, see what's new in them for you and whether you can pick up a 'Black Friday Deal' like this one.

Heh, I just got that one on Prepub last week. Wish I knew the Eastern Rite package was in the works.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM

Ultimate: Verbum | Diamond: Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite, Ordinariate, Anglican | Silver: Baptist, Lutheran, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 3768
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 11:19 AM

David Wanat:

DIsciple II:

Heh, I just got that one on Prepub last week. Wish I knew the Eastern Rite package was in the works.

It's still within the one month return window, so you can return it and buy the package instead.

Posts 736
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 11:34 AM

I already bought Gold (it was ~43$) before I saw this. I figure at this point it’s more trouble than it’s worth to return and rebuy.

Ultimate: Verbum | Diamond: Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite, Ordinariate, Anglican | Silver: Baptist, Lutheran, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 1261
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 12:05 PM

Sure wish you would have posted this under the Catholic products forum so us Protestants wouldn't get our hopes up in terms of a better Black Friday deal going around right now. Last two weeks have been unattractive for us! lol

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 736
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 12:08 PM

SineNomine:

Time to update your sig. Wink

done 😉

Posts 736
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 12:10 PM

Myke Harbuck:

Sure wish you would have posted this under the Catholic products forum so us Protestants wouldn't get our hopes up in terms of a better Black Friday deal going around right now. Last two weeks have been unattractive for us! lol

Well, I figure if a deal like that comes from outside my own denomination, I look at as resources to understand the outlook of other the denominations.

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 1:43 PM

Myke Harbuck:

Sorry to disappoint. I guess FL are not the only ones.

I’m a Protestant and made a post about the new collections specifically  in Catholic Forums. But I like to learn about other traditions and what they might bring to challenge me in how I think about God, what beliefs I hold and the significance I place upon them and how I live out my faith.

Posts 63

One little doubt:
Can I buy a Verbum package and download the resources only in Verbum (and not in Logos)?

Posts 173
LogosEmployee

One can run Verbum and Logos separately, as they would be separately installed programs.

Why would you want to run them separately?  It would be a lot of duplicated features on your computer hard drive.

Craig St. Clair | Verbum Product Manager |

Posts 29345
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 4:11 PM

Craig St. Clair (Faithlife):
Why would you want to run them separately?  It would be a lot of duplicated features on your computer hard drive.

I often run them separately - one on beta, the other on stable. Unfortunately, the Guide sections available in Logos but not Verbum get stripped if I accidentally open it in Verbum. Something I'm told shouldn't happen but there is no indication it is a priority as the problem has existed since the initial release of Verbum.

BTW - I'm thrilled with the new packages and hope that it means a few resources esp. catechism and liturgy will be available from Eastern Rites.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3768
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 18 2019 6:18 PM

Pedro Gabriel Cavalcanti Lima:
Can I buy a Verbum package and download the resources only in Verbum (and not in Logos)?

As a postscript to Craig's post, yes, you can. Logos 8 and Verbum 8 both allow for selective downloading of resources.

Posts 63

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS