Are there any unofficial Logos forums or boards? Is there any need for such?

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2938
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 21 2010 8:46 AM

I love Logos, and I love these forums.  They serve a great purpose.

But I can see a need for an unofficial board where you could openly talk about the best prices for Logos compatible resources, where to find them, make everyone aware of special sales or deals, honestly review and discuss the value of various resources, offer to sell or trade a license for a product that doesn't meet your needs.

Maybe such message boards or forums exist, but I am unaware of them.

Anyone else think that could be good? 

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 27857
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:53 PM

There's another thread that states we have too many forums on the one level, especially where some are not applicable to all users.  There is no "unofficial" forum because we are bound by these guidelines

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:04 PM

I think Michael was asking if there was an unofficial forum somewhere not hosted by logos.com where people could discuss such things.

No, not that I know of, but there's nothing stopping a group of interested users from starting one and inviting others to join in. There are plenty of public bulletin board systems where you could set one up and post a quickie message here in the General forum saying it was available. Do this Google search and you'll find a bunch of free hosting options:

free {bboard | phpbb | bb | "bulletin board" | "message board"} hosting

There's also a Facebook Logos users group (Logos Version 4 New Users Group) which hasn't had a whole lot of traffic. I suppose you could use it for this sort of stuff, since I don't think it is managed by Logos nor falls under such strict guidelines

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:09 PM

... or Google Groups.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 6:20 AM

Shameless self promotion:

I've had a not too active Logos forum set up on my site for quite a while.  There's no reason it wouldn't serve the purpose.  Unless of course you don't like it.  :-) (And I have a mark all read button Wink)

stilltruth.com

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2938
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 6:43 AM

Yes, Rosie.  That is exactly what I meant. 

I am not trying to start something, and I certainly would not want to do anything that would hurt Logos.

However, there are times that I stumble on to great buys on Logos resources.  Yesterday, for example, someone bought Word Biblical Commentary for less than $250 in an online auction.  (The item did not list which Logos resources were included, so I emailed the seller and discovered that Word Biblical Commentary was among the resources being sold.)  I already have it so I did not buy it.  I couldn't let anyone on the forums know because that is out of policy.  Of course, that is a rare thing, but it made me think. How many others have come across Logos bargains somewhere?

Also, I'll bet someone else has bought a Logos compatible product, and doesn't use it.  It would be nice to be able to trade or sell those licenses, (and pay the $20 fee to Logos for license transfer, of course.)

I just wondered if there was any interest in such an unofficial forum.  Apparently there is not.  There has been no response to indicate interest.  While I would be interested, I have no plans to create one.

(Oh, by the way, in my picture (avatar?) I am the one on the right.  My beautiful granddaughter looks so much like me, you might not be able to tell which one is me.)

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 1
Jeff Beard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 6:46 AM

Michael, I like the idea.

Anyone else?

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 7:13 AM

As I said,

It's a good idea, and I've already got a forum running. (What a Bargain!)

Posts 532
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 7:52 AM

Thanks Thomas,

I will certainly check it out on occasion. I went there today, but didn't have anything to say!

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 8:05 AM

It just needs to be publicized. 

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 8:52 AM

Thomas Black:

Thomas I noticed there is not a specific L4 section.  I seen one named Libronix though.

Posts 2869
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 9:30 AM

Thomas Black:

As I said,

It's a good idea, and I've already got a forum running. (What a Bargain!)

Thanks Thomas, greatYes.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2938
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:11 AM

Thanks, Thomas.

I have just checked it out.  Glad to see it. 

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 11:39 AM

J. Morris:

Thomas Black:

Thomas I noticed there is not a specific L4 section.  I seen one named Libronix though.

Modifications are underway Wink 

What SubForums would you all prefer?

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 1:15 PM

Thomas Black:

You could publicize the forum specifically by adding a link to it in your signature.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 1:51 PM

Rosie Perera:

Thomas Black:

You could publicize the forum specifically by adding a link to it in your signature.

Hah, yeah but I'm running out of room.  We're only allowed so many characters (256) in a sig, and with the HTML links, I'm out of room already. 

I'm thinking about a fix for that though.......

EDIT: well then, there you have it: exactly 256 characters too.  Geeked

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 6:32 PM

[content deleted by poster]

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 6:43 PM

Rosie Perera:
Cool. I'll spread the word with a General announcement

Any possibility of adding it to our own signature?  Or how about creating a bitly address that we could use.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 19577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 6:50 PM

Sure you could add it to your signature if you want. You can create a bit.ly address, too; anybody can do that. I decided to retract my post because as an MVP I probably shouldn't be promoting something that allows people to promote competitors' products or good deals on Logos products from other sellers.

Posts 8666
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 8:01 PM

Rosie Perera:

Sure you could add it to your signature if you want. You can create a bit.ly address, too; anybody can do that. I decided to retract my post because as an MVP I probably shouldn't be promoting something that allows people to promote competitors' products or good deals on Logos products from other sellers.

Isn't that what I'm doing? 

Here's a 3.ly address for the forum: http://3.ly/L4frm

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS