Page 5 of 6 (106 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 105 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 70
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2020 7:04 PM

Why are you making such a big deal about a request many people seem to want? Lee Gordon's point is valid. If you don't care about Dark why bother to even join the conversation. If dark mode is added to Logos it does not take anything away and you can continue using it with the default color mode. Unless people were requesting that only dark mode be available then I would see your point, but that is not the request being made. Your argument is a waste of time.

Posts 70
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2020 7:08 PM

The fact that you have made close to 30 thousand posts is very concerning and I had an experience with you in a previous post a few years ago. You always seem to be confrontational even when people ask honest questions. I had asked if it was possible to export Logos books to other readers and you quickly replied in a condescending way. Pointing me to copyright laws as if I was asking if I could do something illegal. Almost seems like you believe you own part of Faithlife.

Posts 4398
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2020 7:29 PM

Diego Lara:
Lee Gordon's point is valid.

So was MJ's.

Lee Gordon wrote, "It's easy on the eyes in low-light levels."

In truth, it is easy on some people's eyes in low-light levels. It is not easy on other people's eyes in low-light levels. (One of those people is MJ.)

MJ pays careful attention to the words that she and others use, so she both notices and dislikes absolute general statements that are false more than many other people do. It probably doesn't help that Lee Gordon's well-meant and unintentionally false statement was partly about her, insofar as she is a person with eyes--eyes that do not benefit from Dark Mode.

I, for one, like Dark Mode in principle, and I do use it for some programs. I find it takes some getting used to. That said, if Logos/Verbum 8 had Dark Mode, I'd definitely be running Verbum 8 with Dark Mode right now.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 18659
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2020 7:50 PM

MJ. Smith:
I'm just asking that the people who love dark mode acknowledge that their view is not the only view just as those of us who dislike it acknowledge that there are those who love it.

Concur Dark Mode is an individual preference choice (available on Smart Phones, Windows, macOS, ...). Dark Mode needs High Contrast for readability: similar colors (lacking contrast) are hard to read in Light OR Dark Mode.

FYI: for awhile, GMAIL app on iOS 13 only showed Light Mode (even thought iOS was configured Dark). With eyes adjusted at night (in a rural area without street lights so can see many stars at night), the GMAIL app was a bit too bright for use (hurt to look at). Conversely, Dark Mode Map app in bright sunlight was unusable (could not easily see discern colored map details).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 30138
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:47 PM

Diego Lara:

You always seem to be confrontational even when people ask honest questions. I had asked if it was possible to export Logos books to other readers and you quickly replied in a condescending way. 

People who know me know that I am anything but confrontational or condescending. I may be a bit inept socially which is why I try to stick to precise, accurate, and complete answers ... geared not only to the individual who actually asked the question but for others reading it who need the same information. If you want socially adept, read Rosie - she is also knowledgeable.

End of my participation in this thread.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18659
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2020 10:21 AM

MJ. Smith:
I may be a bit inept socially ...

+1 Yes while looking in the mirror at socially inept self (with Prayer desire to see everyone as God sees plus respond as God would in Holy Love).

Dark Mode # 1 voting continues to increase in the Top 3 Logos 8 UserVoice suggestions:

2,499 Votes (+31) => Night Mode for PC/Mac (+1,457 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,204 Votes (+3) => Import/Export notes to/from Evernote. (+48 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,030 Votes (+3) => Focus on tablet and touchscreen features (+167 since 3 Dec 2019)

Note: 2,499 votes represents a minimum of 833 users voting for Dark Mode (since every Logos & Verbum can freely place up to 3 of their 10 votes on one UserVoice suggestion). From watching incremental voting increases, humanly guessing over 909 users are voting for Dark Mode. Considering Logos & Verbum user community size, number of votes could be substantially increased.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18659
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 4 2020 7:22 PM

Dark Mode # 1 voting continues to increase in the Top 3 Logos 8 UserVoice suggestions:

2,544 Votes (+45) => Night Mode for PC/Mac (+1,502 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,204 Votes (+0) => Import/Export notes to/from Evernote. (+48 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,032 Votes (+2) => Focus on tablet and touchscreen features (+169 since 3 Dec 2019)

Note: 2,544 votes represents a minimum of 848 users voting for Dark Mode (since every Logos & Verbum can freely place up to 3 of their 10 votes on one UserVoice suggestion). From watching incremental voting increases, humanly guessing over 927 users are voting for Dark Mode. Considering Logos & Verbum user community size, number of votes could be substantially increased.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 81
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 6:58 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
2,544 Votes (+45) => Night Mode for PC/Mac (+1,502 since 3 Dec 2019)

I voted.

Posts 18659
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 13 2020 2:19 PM

2,609 Votes (+65) => Night Mode for PC/Mac (+1,567 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,204 Votes (+0) => Import/Export notes to/from Evernote. (+48 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,043 Votes (+11) => Focus on tablet and touchscreen features (+180 since 3 Dec 2019)

Note: 2,609 votes represents a minimum of 870 users voting for Dark Mode (since every Logos & Verbum can freely place up to 3 of their 10 votes on one UserVoice suggestion). From watching incremental voting increases, humanly guessing over 952 users are voting for Dark Mode. Considering Logos & Verbum user community size, number of votes could be substantially increased.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18659
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 11:09 AM

2,663 Votes (+54) => Night Mode for PC/Mac (+1,621 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,042 Votes (-1) => Focus on tablet and touchscreen features (+179 since 3 Dec 2019)

Note: 2,663 votes represents a minimum of 888 users voting for Dark Mode (since every Logos & Verbum can freely place up to 3 of their 10 votes on one UserVoice suggestion). From watching incremental voting increases, humanly guessing over 973 users are voting for Dark Mode. Considering Logos & Verbum user community size, number of votes could be substantially increased.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 81
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 5:51 AM

I appreciate U keeping on this, Keep!!

Posts 18659
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 4:22 PM

2,703 Votes (+40) => Night Mode for PC/Mac (+1,661 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,045 Votes (+3) => Focus on tablet and touchscreen features (+182 since 3 Dec 2019)

Note: 2,703 votes represents a minimum of 901 users voting for Dark Mode (since every Logos & Verbum can freely place up to 3 of their 10 votes on one UserVoice suggestion). From watching incremental voting increases, humanly guessing over 988 users are voting for Dark Mode. Considering Logos & Verbum user community size, number of votes could be substantially increased.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1
Richard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2020 7:34 PM

How do we get this implemented? 

Posts 18659
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 11 2020 3:59 AM

Richard:

How do we get this implemented? 

Welcome Big Smile

Currently can use other software to tweak colors => Night Mode plus express Dark Mode desire by voting. Every Logos & Verbum user has ten votes that can be placed to help Faithlife development choose what to prioritize.

2,749 Votes (+46) => Night Mode for PC/Mac (+1,707 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,207 Votes (+3) => Import/Export notes to/from Evernote. (+51 since 3 Dec 2019)

1,054 Votes (+9) => Focus on tablet and touchscreen features (+191 since 3 Dec 2019)

Note: 2,749 votes represents a minimum of 917 users voting for Dark Mode (since every Logos & Verbum can freely place up to 3 of their 10 votes on one UserVoice suggestion). From watching incremental voting increases, humanly guessing over 1,007 users are voting for Dark Mode. Considering Logos & Verbum user community size, number of votes could be substantially increased.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4398
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 6:31 PM

Now that that UserVoice has been retired by Faithlife, you can vote for Dark Mode for the desktop apps here: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/4

For the web app:https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-web-app/posts/592

For Biblia (which is used for things like in-app resource previews): https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/biblia/posts/593

Please note that you can only vote once for each suggestion, but you can vote for as many suggestions as you want.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 8848
LogosEmployee

SineNomine:

Now that that UserVoice has been retired by Faithlife, you can vote for Dark Mode for the desktop apps here: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/4

We're still tracking both sites. You don't need to worry that we'll only look at https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/4 and say "eh, it only has 33 votes, must not actually be important after all". Smile

But do create new suggestions at the new feedback site (or recreate existing ones that you think need a bit more exposure).

Posts 18659
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 8:15 PM

Please vote for Dark Mode in the Logos Desktop App using the New Faithlife Feedback Boards:

33 Votes => Add dark/night mode to desktop (In progress)

9 Votes => Prioritize resources by type

9 Votes => Add multiple search scopes for Bible search (Needs your opinion)

8 Votes => Add faceted browsing sidebar to Search (Needs you opinion)

Thankful every user now has an unlimited number of votes (albeit limited to one vote per Feedback idea). Considering Logos & Verbum community size, number of votes could be substantially increased.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 8:21 PM

After Monday we may not need to vote on it. But in meantime vote away.

Please vote for Dark Mode in the Logos Desktop App using the New Faithlife Feedback Boards:

Thankful every user now has an unlimited number of votes (albeit limited to one vote per Feedback idea). Considering Logos & Verbum community size, number of votes could be substantially increased.

Keep Smiling Smile

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4398
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 7:24 AM

DIsciple II:

Just want to note that the Faithlife Feedback suggestions for Dark Mode for Biblia and for the Web App are NEW, and as such might be more likely to still need votes....

Posts 108
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2020 1:24 PM

DIsciple II:

Keep Smiling Smile

Keep Smiling Smile

Can't login to the desktop app. It just keeps popping up a dialogue that offers to let me use Facebook, Twitter, etc. Clicked the Login link, and the page just blinks and asks me to set up an account. Already have an account, and was logged in. Tried on Chrome and Firefox.

Page 5 of 6 (106 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS