12 Days of Logos has begun...

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 5531
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2019 4:05 PM

It is a little confusing Bruce but good deals to point out anyway for anyone who might have missed and are interested in these topics / authors.

Bruce Dunning:

DIsciple II:

These are not part of the 12 days of Logos deals, they are part of the Christmas sale. FL has mixed everything into the one page rather than distinguishing the 12 days on a separate web page so unless you keep a check on which section of the page you are on it is not all that clear. Clicking of the 12 days of Logos link on home page takes starts you at a bookmark offset from the top of the Christmas sale page.

Bruce Dunning:

Karl Barth's pastoral prayers and Walter Brueggemann's introduction to the Psalms are great deals.

Thanks. Initially I was confused by this but now I understand. Perhaps it is just me but I'm guessing I'm not the only one who was confused.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2019 4:17 PM

Mattillo:

Well, it's pretty creative. YHWH as a Jebusite amalgum! Whoa there, Zadok!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 31358
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2019 4:22 PM

review available at http://commons.lib.jmu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1132&context=letfspubs (and others)

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4389
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2019 4:47 PM

Thank you both

I checked the Denver seminar list in the files forum and it states:

Albertz, Rainer.  A History of Israelite Religion in the Old Testament Period  (OTL).  2 vols.  Westminster John Knox, 1994.  This detailed study uses a classic liberal reconstruction of the history of Old Testament literature with interaction with recent discussions and discoveries.

Posts 353
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2019 5:32 PM

Mattillo:

Anyone have any thoughts on this resource? https://www.logos.com/product/157807/a-history-of-israelite-religion-in-the-old-testament-period-volumes-i-and-ii 

It is included in the reference collection

My price is about $15 cheaper if I got it in the reference collection!

Posts 67
Avi | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 14 2019 12:02 PM

It's good to finally see the Baylor Handbook Series on sale (I think this is the first time I see it on sale), but unfortunately I'm interested only on Old Testament volumes, so it doesn't really help me... =\

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS