Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2815
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 4:15 PM

Greg Perry:

Much of your video, especially part I, sort of assumes we are familiar with the iPhone app some, and not all of us are. Some of us only know desktop PC Logos so it took me a while and several viewings to figure out what you were doing, such as having to "restart the app" to get the screen updated properly, etc.

Also, obviously I am used to seeing Camtasia-style videos in learning and using Logos and a video made from a camera filming an iPad and iPhone can never be quite as pure in color or crispness in resolution so at times I had trouble knowing exactly what I was seeing on your video.

***I want to stress, that is more of the nature of this sort of video and MUCH LESS an aspect of what YOU specifically did.

NO problem. I was more concerned that you had a problem with the content. I do have a problem in that there is no way to capture the session resulting in video on the iPad like there is with Camtasia/Jing on a PC. Also, I have been working with it and my more recent videos are much higher quality. I will likely be doing an other one for Logos soon as I just did a review for CCMag and promised video of the top four Bible Study apps on iPad.

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 6:56 PM

Rosie Perera:
Dan, I'm just a lurker here, an not even an iPad owner, but how on earth did you, as presumably a non-iPad-owner too, know that would work? Or is John Calvin pulling our leg (he could have taken that photo with a digital camera for all I know)?

Not Calvin Rosie, but Luther.  

One thing I have learned over the years (a large number of them), is that patterns emerge in lots of areas.  I do have an iPhone and I guess I was just projecting a bit, in thinking "if it works here, why not THERE!"

It's those times when I get to tell my wife I was right.

I wonder why she is not looking up from her book....

Posts 19216
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 8:56 PM

Dan Sheppard:

Rosie Perera:
Dan, I'm just a lurker here, an not even an iPad owner, but how on earth did you, as presumably a non-iPad-owner too, know that would work? Or is John Calvin pulling our leg (he could have taken that photo with a digital camera for all I know)?

Not Calvin Rosie, but Luther.  

I was referring to John Calvin Hall, the fellow that took that iPad screenshot. I guess he wasn't joking. I've never used an iPhone before so I didn't know it had that capability. Of course it makes sense that this feature would work across the Apple mobile line. I never would have discovered it by accident myself. Who would intentionally press the power switch (even in combination with something) unless he wanted to turn the thing off? Or unless he knew about that trick.

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 11:55 PM

Rosie Perera:
Who would intentionally press the power switch (even in combination with something) unless he wanted to turn the thing off?

Rosie, I agree!!!!

I had no idea but I was told by an Apple rep...on my touch that touching both the power and (I don't know what they call that button) will take a screen shot and then I can upload it to my computer and attach it here.

Pretty neat I guess.

Posts 19216
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 26 2010 12:09 AM

William Bingham:

Rosie Perera:
Who would intentionally press the power switch (even in combination with something) unless he wanted to turn the thing off?

Rosie, I agree!!!!

I had no idea but I was told by an Apple rep...on my touch that touching both the power and (I don't know what they call that button) will take a screen shot and then I can upload it to my computer and attach it here.

Pretty neat I guess.

Yup, pretty neat. You can do that on a Windows machine too, using Ctrl+PrintScreen (PrtScr). I guess for the iPad/iPod you've got to make sure you really do touch the two buttons pretty much simultaneously, because if you do the power switch a bit too much before the other one, you'll shut the thing off. It still seems weird to me to overload the power switch with something completely unrelated to powering on/off the device. But then I'm sure Windows overloads keys in weird ways too. I'm just more used to them so I don't think of them as weird anymore. I do remember thinking it odd that they'd chosen Ctrl+V as the standard keyboard shortcut for Paste (since Ctrl+P was already taken for Print). V didn't seem like a mnemonic for "Paste" to me at all. But now I've been doing it so long, it's second nature.

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 26 2010 2:54 AM

Rosie Perera:
 I guess for the iPad/iPod you've got to make sure you really do touch the two buttons pretty much simultaneously, because if you do the power switch a bit too much before the other one, you'll shut the thing off. 

It's not really an issue with the iPad/iPhone. To power off the device you need to press and hold the Power button for several seconds before it will then present a dialogue "Slide to power off". The screen shot combination of power button and Home button happens fairly instantly, so you know if you've got it right.

Easy really, but then I'm an iPhone user of several years Wink

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 26 2010 3:40 PM

Rosie Perera:
I guess for the iPad/iPod you've got to make sure you really do touch the two buttons pretty much simultaneously

I will say for the Ipod....it is most definately a watch out feature.  just a quick touch of that power button....and off it goes. 

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2010 6:01 PM

Rosie Perera:
I was referring to John Calvin Hall, the fellow that took that iPad screenshot.

Yeah, I knew that, but I could not resist the "John Calvin" and try to do some clever thing with "Luther".  

Oh, well.  Next time.......

Posts 64
John Calvin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2010 6:22 PM

Dan Sheppard:

Yeah, I knew that, but I could not resist the "John Calvin" and try to do some clever thing with "Luther".  

* John Calvin Hall smiles ....

It is amazing at the number of people who think I'm a Calvinist because of my name!  I was named after my two grandfathers: John Lindsey Hall and Calvin Edwin Fuller.  But according to my late Scottish Presbyterian grandmother, the Methodist minister who christened me as a baby gagged on my name.  She would laugh her head off thinking about it!  Big Smile

Now, I'm a Fundamental Independent Baptist, grown up in a Methodist family, having a Presbyterian heritage...  confuses me too at times!  Big Smile

Posts 19216
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2010 8:53 PM

John Calvin Hall:

Dan Sheppard:

* John Calvin Hall smiles ....

It is amazing at the number of people who think I'm a Calvinist because of my name!  I was named after my two grandfathers: John Lindsey Hall and Calvin Edwin Fuller.  But according to my late Scottish Presbyterian grandmother, the Methodist minister who christened me as a baby gagged on my name.  She would laugh her head off thinking about it!  Big Smile

That's pretty funny! A similar story relating to Martin Luther ___ could also be conceivable, since Luther is a first name as well. Martin Luther King was named after THE Martin Luther, though. However he ended up a Baptist preacher! Funny how names work, isn't it? How about that poor fellow named Lord Jesus Christ, who was hit (not fatally) by a car a few months ago in Massachusetts? Imagine having to wear that moniker around your whole life. I don't know what his parents were thinking!

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2010 10:20 PM

Rosie Perera:
How about that poor fellow named Lord Jesus Christ, who was hit (not fatally) by a car a few months ago in Massachusetts?

This is just weird.  Personally, I do not like seeing names like that.  A really sick thought is ...... how about a serial killer by the name Lord Jesus Christ?  This is just all way too weird. 

Posts 23
Rodrigo Quema | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2010 1:08 PM

Where did you get the home screen?  Nice!

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 8:39 PM

I recently purchased a 32 GB iPod, and have almost all of my available library on it. (3,600 Books). I recently had a chance to view the iPad, and my 68 year old eyes fell in love with how book pages look on the screen. I would like to know if 3G is going to speed up Logos on  the iPad? What can we expect from the next release? Off line mode has been a little disappointing on the iPod up to this point, but hopefully that will be addressed in the next release.

Posts 129
ton verdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 5:51 AM

works great indeed !

I even made screenshots of Mike's Hebrew tutorials.!

this is my desktop, picture taken by myself... in a flower garden Keukenhof in the Netherlands.

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 10:09 AM

Kevin, I recently saw a wallpaper composed of Logos books on an iPad. I believe you are the individual who created it. Could you tell us how you did it, and/or furnish us a copy.?

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 12:50 PM

John, I certainly wish Logos would furnish us with a wallpaper as nice as the one you created for the iPad. Is thee any way you could show mercy on the rest of us by sharing your work of art?

Posts 64
John Calvin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 1:06 PM

Gary Butner:
John, I certainly wish Logos would furnish us with a wallpaper as nice as the one you created for the iPad. Is thee any way you could show mercy on the rest of us by sharing your work of art?

This came from Appsilicious Inc. free wallpaper utility called, Cool Wallpapers HD Free".  It's a really good utility.

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 1:23 PM

I have a copy of The Bookworm hanging in my living room. I wish I could get it too fit as my wallpaper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bookworm

Posts 184
lostlogik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 6 2010 2:01 PM

Gary Butner:

I have a copy of The Bookworm hanging in my living room. I wish I could get it too fit as my wallpaper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bookworm

Surely not that difficult to do, if you don't mind losing a bit of the top and bottom.

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS