Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 12 of 20 (382 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last »
This post has 381 Replies | 31 Followers

Posts 28242
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2020 11:30 AM

I am surprised that prioritization hasn't shown up several times in this thread - a version or two back it was a big issue and it still is an unsatisfactory mess.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 645
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2020 11:46 AM

Well, did you tell them about it?

I would like to be able to use it in, say, a passage guide, where I can move something up or down.  

Posts 64
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2020 12:06 PM

What new features should we add?

Example: In ESV press + to add tab: generated list needs to be alphabetized;
     right now, they are scrambled – have to search for the one you want.

Right click a verse number, then option for “Read Aloud” to be in Hebrew, Greek, DCHeath, or LEB, (etc)

Posts 1671
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2020 12:22 PM

David Betts:
Example: In ESV press + to add tab: generated list needs to be alphabetized;
     right now, they are scrambled – have to search for the one you want.

The list in question is arranged according to how you prioritize it. This is done by opening the Library; clicking on the three vertical dot icon, and selecting Prioritize Resources. This opens a pane on the right side of the Library window. Now you can drag the resources you want (like Bibles) and arrange them in the order you want to see them in lists like the one you described.

See here for more information: https://wiki.logos.com/Prioritizing

Posts 52
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 8 2020 3:42 PM

Scott:
Reading Plan builder UI and expand it's metric selection options and overall capabilities.

This needs to be fixed in L9.

This thread is an excellent example of the issues with Reading Plans:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/187487.aspx

Reading Plans needs to generate Reading Plan by chapter, section, etc in ALL resources.

If that means adding chapter, section, et al headings to the index, then DO IT!!

Reading Plans is a great idea that needs practicality and usability to win users-- even advanced users.

I love Logos, it just needs to keep perfecting and becoming even better and I want to help it do so because it's such a great concept  with such great potential but just needs some work!

Posts 1921
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2020 12:54 PM

MJ. Smith:
I am surprised that prioritization hasn't shown up several times in this thread - a version or two back it was a big issue and it still is an unsatisfactory mess.

YesYesYes

Posts 1180
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2020 3:18 PM

Scott:

Link above:

Posts 240
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2020 6:11 PM

Scott:

Scott:
Reading Plan builder UI and expand it's metric selection options and overall capabilities.

This needs to be fixed in L9.

This thread is an excellent example of the issues with Reading Plans:

Reading Plans needs to generate Reading Plan by chapter, section, etc in ALL resources.

If that means adding chapter, section, et al headings to the index, then DO IT!!

Reading Plans is a great idea that needs practicality and usability to win users-- even advanced users.

I love Logos, it just needs to keep perfecting and becoming even better and I want to help it do so because it's such a great concept  with such great potential but just needs some work!

There's nothing broke! You can do this already with custom reading plans.

Posts 64
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2020 6:21 PM

Thank you Levi Durfey for prioritizing info.

For L9: Greek audio for Septuagint.

Posts 52
Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 9 2020 7:59 PM

Matt Hamrick:
There's nothing broke! You can do this already with custom reading plans.

No one said it was broke. A number of us have stated it is currently not easy or practical. We are talking about improvements.

Posts 645
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 10 2020 5:14 PM

I think the library has some significant bugs:

I wanted to see if i had the Living Bible.  I type in living bible, click titles, and I have 277 results.  True, living Bible was not in quotes, but 277 results?  Most titles weren't even close.

I type in Smith as an author.  I get 274 results:  Kay Arthur, James Bennett, Cindy Bultema, Trent Butler.

I remember a project I was working on, don't remember the details, but this inclusion of hundreds of irrelevant results was taking too much time to find what I needed.  Logos software exists to say people time.  That's why we buy it.

Thank you

Posts 28242
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 10 2020 5:28 PM

Larry Craig:
I think the library has some significant bugs:

I agree that the library need improvements but I haven't found the filters to be buggy. If I type in author:Smith, I get last name Smith. hyphenated last name Smith, middle name Smith, co-author Smith for 389 instances but I find no errors.

If you did not specify title and put quotes around Living Bible, it will look for the text everywhere, title, publisher, author, subject ... using the left hand facets usually get you to what you actually want faster.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 645
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 10 2020 5:36 PM

thank you

You're helpful, as always.

Posts 2164
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 11 2020 3:15 PM

While we are on the Library topic,

Set the default cursor location to "Find" so I don't have to wait for the cows to come home waiting for filters to populate.

Posts 138
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2020 3:39 AM

It would be great for Favourites to be searchable (via the tool, Search and Guides) and exportable (with live links).

Posts 1921
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2020 7:57 AM

Phil:

I think this has been referenced in this thread, but I couldn't find it just now.

Please fix the problems with tabs that goes back to the changes with the L8 release. You seemed to agree with the feedback at the time:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/174066/1005146.aspx

- It takes a disproportionate number of clicks to move from the leftmost to rightmost tabs on a panel when there are many tabs open.
- I don't believe there is a hotkey to move right/left through tabs in a panel.
- It's ridiculously easy to accidentally close a tab. The fact that it can be re-opened isn't an answer.

Thanks,

Donnie

Posts 2499
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2020 8:29 PM

Wish: Delta (aka dynamic aka incremental) updates.

The minor fixes going from 8.10 to SR-1 to SR-2 illustrate this need perfectly. Almost 400MB of downloads per device !!

Posts 194
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2020 12:02 PM
  1. Dark mode!
  2. Fix bugs with notes!!!!!!  I use this feature regularly and the bus are frustrating.
  3. Folders in the top bar (Desktop)
  4. Images in notes / canvas / workflows (Desktop/Mobile)
  5. User tables in notes/ canvas / workflows (Desktop/Mobile)
  6. Headings in notes. Indispensable for long notes.(Desktop/Mobile)
  7. Visual annotation of text (like Accordance 13) (Desktop/Mobile)
  8. Full touch screen support (Desktop)
  9. Extra levels of indent in workflow hierarchy (Desktop/Mobile)
  10. Improve graphics/Maps.  Sacred Bridge please!  I'm holding off on purchasing Accordance for this single resource, but if Logos doesn't get this in the near future, I will switch to the competitor for my graphic needs.
Posts 645
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2020 1:28 PM

I'm not the sharpest person on this site, but I think your suggestions need amplification in most cases.  Like what exactly bugs with notes are you thinking of?  If you don't say, they might fix some but not some that you are thinking of.  Don't assume everybody knows what you are thinking.

Page 12 of 20 (382 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS