Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 13 of 19 (377 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last »
This post has 376 Replies | 30 Followers

Posts 194
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2020 4:52 PM

Larry Craig:

I'm not the sharpest person on this site, but I think your suggestions need amplification in most cases.  Like what exactly bugs with notes are you thinking of?  If you don't say, they might fix some but not some that you are thinking of.  Don't assume everybody knows what you are thinking.

You're right.

I'm going to do a few screen recordings to demonstrate the bugs I'm referring.  Notes tend to glitch out when I'm typing and editing as I'm following along a sermon.  The text cursor disappears.  Entering a new line doesn't work correctly.  Deleting text glitches out.  It seems random to me.  Restarting Logos fixes the problem temporarily, but as I type more the random glitches surface again which needs another restart.  The cycle just repeats itself.

Edit:  I've recorded a short clip that shows some of the issues I run into.  The issues start happening at the 1:18 mark.  As I'm trying to go back to edit a verse the text cursor jumping around when I'm trying to press "enter" to start a new line.  Nothing out of the ordinary, but Notes freaks out.

At the 1:40 mark things get weirder with the text not appearing where I'm intending to type, but teleports to the correct place when I press enter.

DNZ4i31vwYQ

Posts 1180
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 17 2020 3:26 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
What new books should we include?

I know it’s a long shot...

and it’s not a new book...

but I would absolutely love if L9 would release some packages with Jonathan Edwards favorite old classic commentary The Family Expositor by Philip Doddridge. It has languished in community pricing for five years or so now because it’s relatively obscure. It’s phenomenal. And so worthy of Logos. Would love to have it available in digital.

Posts 642
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 17 2020 3:31 PM

I have tried for years to get books out of CP that have been languishing in there for years.  I've made suggestions that have gone nowhere.  I hope you have better success.  

Posts 3504
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 17 2020 4:08 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
What new books should we include?

Holman OT Commentary

Posts 642
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 17 2020 4:52 PM

You're asking what new books should be included?  What about the funding?  I used to send Logos almost every day lists of books that I wanted to see included in it.  I was surprised how many of these books have been sitting in CP for years.  I can pull those lists out again.

Today I just purchased Notes on the Greek Text of Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy by John Wevers today.  (4 books)  I would buy them all over again in Logos.

Posts 837
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 10:45 AM

My long-time wish is easy (I think) to implement:

When the table of contents for a Bible expands to show all the chapters for a book, it fills the whole pane. So if you have expanded the chapters for several books, it's hard to scroll to a different book because you can't see where you are. It needs a button to Collapse All. Then you can easily see to find the book you want.

Posts 3
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 10:56 AM

I wish to be able to highlight superscript material.  Thank you.

Posts 29
LW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 4:59 PM

Hi hope others will voice that they would like one or both of these too:

• The ability to make, print, and perhaps use in Logos/Verbum flash cards for vocabulary not just in the Bible, but in other works (Patrologiae volumes, Perseus-based resources, etc.), based on user-selected number of times the words appear in the work, and the lexicon of our choice. I would like to be able to make one set of flash cards for an Early Church Father's work for words that are used more than 20 times, another set for those used 10-20 times, etc., and have the choice not to include such common words as the article, conjunctions, etc.
  • Right now the closest we can come to doing this is to generate a concordance, but the generated concordance doesn't take all forms of a word and put them together - I see one entry for a word in the nominative singular, another entry elsewhere for the same word in the genitive singular, etc. So for that matter, the concordance generation tool needs to be fixed.

Please do these things, and thanks for considering.

Posts 642
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 10:28 AM

This may seem a minor thing, but I think it's something that Logos changed and should be changed back.  It seems closing a tab is not a two step process instead of one.  Each tab has an icon and an X.  If you click on the X of a closed tab, it won't remove the tab; it will open it.  Then you can click the X again to remove the tab.  

I may be using close a tab in a different way than how you use it.  I usually have three panels open with 5 or more tabs in each panel.  Obviously only one tab is open in each panel at a time.  So when I want to 'clean house', I have to open a tab before I can remove it.  That's a waste of my time, and Logos exists to save me time.

Too many little things, seconds here, seconds there, adds up and should be fixed.

Thank  you

Posts 781
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 11:32 AM

Larry Craig:

This may seem a minor thing, but I think it's something that Logos changed and should be changed back.  It seems closing a tab is not a two step process instead of one.  Each tab has an icon and an X.  If you click on the X of a closed tab, it won't remove the tab; it will open it.  Then you can click the X again to remove the tab.  

I may be using close a tab in a different way than how you use it.  I usually have three panels open with 5 or more tabs in each panel.  Obviously only one tab is open in each panel at a time.  So when I want to 'clean house', I have to open a tab before I can remove it.  That's a waste of my time, and Logos exists to save me time.

Too many little things, seconds here, seconds there, adds up and should be fixed.

Thank  you

Larry: this is not true for me. I move the cursor over a tab that is not currently visible, the X appears, i click it, the tab is closed. 

I'm running on Mac OS:

Logos Bible Software 8.11 Beta 2

(Update channel: beta)

Posts 10397
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 11:43 AM

Sean Boisen:

Larry: this is not true for me. I move the cursor over a tab that is not currently visible, the X appears, i click it, the tab is closed. 

I'm running on Mac OS

Just to confirm: the same happens on Windows 10 (even faster and without waiting for the x to appear, aiming and hitting it, is to click the tab with the middle mouse button/scroll wheel) 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 642
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 11:46 AM

I wondered.  Am I going nuts?  So I moved the mouse over the icon on a closed tab, the X appears, and I click on the X, and  (wait for it)

voila!  the tab opens.  Then I click on the X again, and it disappears.

Posts 194
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 11:59 AM

Larry Craig:

I wondered.  Am I going nuts?  So I moved the mouse over the icon on a closed tab, the X appears, and I click on the X, and  (wait for it)

voila!  the tab opens.  Then I click on the X again, and it disappears.

I'm running Logos 8.10.0.0034 on macOS Mojave and Windows 10.  The X works as intended.  It appears when I hover over an unfocused tab and closes as expected when clicking the X.

Posts 781
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 12:17 PM

Larry, i suggest you open a new thread for this problem (so we don't hijack the Wishlist: sorry i started us down that road). 

Posts 1505
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 1:50 PM

The library updating up-and-down movement generates errors when the user hits a line that is different than a moment ago. L9 might be the time to fix it!

CoolGift

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1931
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2020 7:01 AM

I wish Logos would create a way to "loan a resource" to another user. If I would lose access to that resource while it is loaned to another user, it could fit within my understanding of a single-user license. In my honest opinion, this would make ebooks even MORE attractive than Dead tree. I would have my whole digital library on a portable device AND I could loan resources to those I am mentoring (including those in my family).

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 28220
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2020 10:48 AM

Ask for user input files to:

• add predefined reading plans that are making the rounds (user provides reading plan; FL converts to predefined) - examples
    • chronological reading plans
    • Orthodox Advent readings (fixed dates - perhaps better as a Reading cycle)
    • Heidelberg Catechism - one year reading plan for which it was designed
    • Summa Theologia in a bit over two years
    • Book of Concord - various lengths
  • add additional workflows supplied by users and edited by FL

You could either offer a small credit OR simply rely on the generosity of the Christian community.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 22
Ryland Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2020 7:31 PM

I'm happy with Logos 8.  It'l take some amazing features for me to want to upgrade. 

Some features I would like to see are 

1. A more refined sermon editor to be used by academics.

2. An ability to preach from logos.  Maybe a presentation mode of the sermon editor?

3. A way to clip material into the last clippings document instead of having to right click, then scroll down until I find it on the menu. Maybe a keyboard shortcut?

4. Notebooks within notebooks, like ever note. 

5.  Bookmarks for books.  I know it opens up to the last place you were at, but this could be a refined experience.

I've had Logos for over a year now and it has changed the way I study for sermons.  I had many bound books and barely scratched the surface each week.  Logos is like a firehouse on full blast.  It's an amazing product. 

Posts 6857
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 24 2020 2:14 AM

Here’s an illustrated version of the features requested for the sermon editor: 

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/187907.aspx 

DAL

Posts 240
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2020 3:15 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

What are the most important things we should solve for Logos 9?

• What general themes or areas should we focus on?
  • What bugs should we fix?
  • What improvements should we make to existing features?
  • What new features should we add?
  • What new data sets should we build?
  • What new books should we include?

Please specify desktop, mobile, and/or web, where appropriate.

What does your ideal Logos 9 upgrade look like? What would make Logos 9 an irresistible upgrade for you?

If different, what should we do to win the next generation of new users?

Please include links to forum threads, User Voice requests, etc. where applicable.

We've reviewed the User Voice feedback for desktop, mobile, and books, but I want to make sure that the priorities there are reflective of the current priorities of our forum community.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!

There are places in the software like Thematic Outlines where you can copy to something and my options are Microsoft or Libre, but I use Nota Bene exclusively now so can we get that software added to the list?

Page 13 of 19 (377 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS