Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 18 of 38 (741 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last »
This post has 740 Replies | 44 Followers

Posts 4
Jack King | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 29 2020 4:55 AM

I want to select a large block of text in Logos iOS that exceeds a single page in paging made. Logos iOS doesn't seem to have the highlighting selecting function that Kindle does, where selected/highlighted text can turn a page when dragged to the corner. Right now I have to make two highlights. I'm aware of the scrolling view, but that is problematic because it causes eye strain when reading for long periods. The highlighting-pagination feature seems like an obvious improvement to the Logos iOS mode. 

Posts 182
Martin Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 29 2020 9:29 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it has to do with Workflows. I like the idea of the WF, and I like that it places the responses in the Notes tool. However, I really do not like how many notes some out of each WF and that there is a stack of notes on the anchor. For example, when I do a WF on a specific anchor text, I will have like 10 notes associated with that anchor text, and when I hover over them, it looks rather jumbled because I am answering specific questions (which do not appear in the note). 

I guess maybe a better way to get around this is for there to be a different view for the WF responses, or maybe in the Notes Tool to be able to have the ability to create Folders, within Folders, or possibly make the WF responses a completely different tool; and maybe make it so that the responses would turn up in the guides as their own section, I don't know. Regardless, I find the multiple notes that are a result of a WF rather annoying. 

Posts 236
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 29 2020 9:53 AM

Fábio Silva:

From a pastor's standpoint. Basically I would want the software to evolve in a way where it would be my main HUB for pastoral work. A few scattered thoughts on this

Notes and Sermon Editor still feel clunky at times, it would be nice to see them improve over time.

I like the prayer list feature, and have found it helpful in the past. Could we introduce a personal Agenda/Diary that would perhaps link/sync to mainstream calendar software (Google Calendar and Apple equivalent)?

As a pastor you want to remember important dates in your flock's life (death of loved ones, birthdays, marriage/conversion/baptism anniversaries, etc.), maybe record previous pastoral visits notes (dates when you visited, favourite hymns, favourite bible passages) and other important info to keep in mind.

I know you can use the notes document for this (create a separate notebook for each member or something like that)...but...

Would be nice to have a specialized tool that would allow us to quickly pull up a "members file" and look over it in an instant, it would be awesome to have this synced up with the calendar/diary tool and have the Logos App remind you to give a call to that member in a special date.

You might want to check out Faithlife Equip which is geared toward this type (chms) of information management. https://equip.faithlife.com/ 

Posts 6
Phil | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2020 6:36 AM

Would like to be able to sync new and updated resources without loading the client, such as through the indexer...

Posts 11182
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2020 7:05 AM

DAL:

Not bad from the mobile app:

Those coins look great.  Though the right one looks like an old logo from Disney. The 3 somethings. The fish reminds me, there was cultural significance with how Jesus cooked fish.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2609
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2020 1:32 PM

Location system for academic citations for resources without page numbers. It could be similar to the Kindle locations, which many authors already use for citations.

https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-8/suggestions/39831691-locations-for-academic-citation-like-kindle-locat

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 904
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 10:28 AM

I keep a print Bible handy when I do my Bible reading.  I would prefer to do it entirely on Logos, but Logos has so many fits and starts, coughs and wheezes, I never know how it's going to respond.  It's like everything I do, every click, I wish I had a clock recording all the seconds I wait, at the end of the day it's like I spent that much time just waiting for something to happen.

More often than not lately, I just read the Bible the old-fashioned way.  Less down time.  More efficient use of my time.

I'm seriously thinking about not upgrading if it means spending more money.  I don't need all the bells and whistles, fancy searches I never use.  I would be spending too much time just watching videos so I know how to do all those things.  

Posts 29600
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 3:16 PM

Larry, that should not be your experience. Please start a new thread with your problems and let's see if we can work through them. Yes, there are some glitches and slowdowns but not to the point they should make reading a pain. If you don't document and complain Logos doesn't know to fix it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 904
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 3:26 PM

Thanks, MJ  You're always there when I need you.

Posts 72
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2020 5:26 AM

For L9

This example is from LA181 Learn to Use Biblical Greek but may apply elsewhere as well.

At the end of a lesson, a locked resource is encountered:

Click on the padlock takes you to:

Rather than one more (time-consuming) distraction for the lesson, this needs "Add to Wishlist" button.

The Wishlist would categorize these items according to each course for later review.

Posts 7484
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2020 8:10 AM

Ability to insert customized hyperlinks in the sermon editor that take you to specific resources.  Also the ability to change the font color in the sermon editor.

DAL

Posts 72
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2020 10:07 AM

For L9:

This applies to LA181 Learn to Use Biblical Greek but may apply elsewhere as well.

Clicking the padlock takes you here:

Since there are already enough / too many (time consuming) distractions, what is need under Add to cart is Add to Wishlist to continue lesson uninterrupted.

The Wishlist would sort / categorize the added items according to each course, to be viewed at a more convenient time.

Another idea is to have a "global list" for all locked items - in the course and / or on Logos course description page.

Posts 72
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2020 10:08 AM

For L9:

This applies to LA181 Learn to Use Biblical Greek but may apply elsewhere as well.

Since there are already enough / too many (time consuming) distractions, what is need under Add to cart is Add to Wishlist to continue lesson uninterrupted.

The Wishlist would sort / categorize the added items according to each course, to be viewed at a more convenient time.

Another idea is to have a "global list" for all locked items - in the course and / or on Logos course description page.

Posts 72
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2020 10:12 AM

I got two error messages trying to send this with FireFox, hopefully this one will include the screen shots via Safari.

For L9:

This applies to LA181 Learn to Use Biblical Greek but may apply elsewhere as well.

Since there are already enough / too many (time consuming) distractions, what is need under Add to cart is Add to Wishlist to continue lesson uninterrupted.

The Wishlist would sort / categorize the added items according to each course, to be viewed at a more convenient time.

Posts 72
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2020 10:20 AM

Sorry - web page did not take my screen shots.

These go with my previous post.

[ Try again ]

Posts 12
Corbin Hambrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2020 2:39 PM

How about you do a little project like this:

Create teams within FL and have them each perform a typical user function that revolves around the Bible and the study thereof.  Create a forum for each and have said employees create conversations around that use for feedback.

This way FL developers get a stronger sense of the use of Logos for specific needs and can relate to the suggestions/frustrations/etc. from users.

Ideas:

Using Logos Mobile in church as a layman (reading, liturgy, notes, etc).

Using Logos Mobile in church as a pastor.

Using Logos Mobile in devotions/journaling.

Using Logos just to read a resource.

Using Logos for each specific type of study/guide.

Mobile Items could be broken down into tablet group and phone group.

Other items could be broken down into desktop group and mobile group or further into PC group, MAC group, mobile group. 

Posts 29600
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2020 3:33 PM

Are you aware of the Faithlife company sponsored groups on the Faithlife platform for users to interact with staff - generally by feature rather than function.

• Logos Excerpts
  • Logos Canvas
  • Logos Atlas
  • Logos Workflows
  • Logos Controlled Vocabualary Dataset
  • Logos Sample Documents
  • Logos Orthodox
  • Logos Anglican
  • Logos Lutheran

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 384
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2020 11:39 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
What improvements should we make to existing features?

The following proposal relates to Reading Plans, Passage Lists and Sermon documents. The proposal is an extension of the function of each in an integrated way.

Problem:
I have a time-consuming problem in using Passage Lists, Reading Plans and Sermon Documents, when planning a series. My schedule is as follows:
Proverbs Prep: On Monday, I prepare 5 messages that will be delivered over a 5-day period (Monday-Friday). For this, I use a Reading Plan that schedules 5 texts every Monday.

Proverbs Delivery: When I have finished the preparation, I switch to a Delivery Reading Plan that spreads the 5 texts over 5 days from Monday to Friday. This way I can keep track of preparation and delivery of texts. Drawing up the Reading Plans and Sermons is time consuming.

Suggestion:

Reading Plan: It would be great if there was an option to import a Passage list with a choice to schedule each Reference on a specific day (Sun-Sat in the Proverbs Delivery Reading Plan) and another to be able to group a certain number of Passages together for preparation purposes (Proverbs Prep Reading Plan).
It would then be possible to draw up both Reading Plans, Monday's preparation of 5 texts as well as the Reading Plan for daily delivery, with an import.

Sermon Document: It would also be very helpful if it were possible to export the Reading Plan to Sermon Documents, one for each date from the Delivery Reading Plan, where the Reference is entered as Title and the date as the Sermon delivery date.

Example:

Posts 658
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2020 9:38 PM

I just want Logos to run smoother!

I've been working with it all day on an important project and have been thoroughly frustrated with its frequent long delays with simple tasks like underlining, spinning circles, not responding messages, and crashing.

Uggh!

Posts 7484
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2020 3:00 AM

Ted Weis:

I just want Logos to run smoother!

I've been working with it all day on an important project and have been thoroughly frustrated with its frequent long delays with simple tasks like underlining, spinning circles, not responding messages, and crashing.

Uggh!

Exactly! Amen! We need speed! When indexing everything else gets super slow in my laptop (e.g. google chrome, IE, Word, clicking a verse to open it, etc.).  Some have suggested spending $3,000 on a laptop, but a good program shouldn’t require us to spend that kind of money for it to run smoothly.  Logos is expensive as it is and it’s supposed to save us time not make things take longer.

They’ve known about this all along, but they still haven’t figured out what to do to fix the problem.  Maybe Logos is running out of ideas to sell their product — well, guess what, here’s a great idea 💡 Improve the speed without having users spend $3 grand on a laptop.

Just a suggestion 😉

DAL

Page 18 of 38 (741 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS