Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 24 of 38 (745 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last »
This post has 744 Replies | 42 Followers

Posts 1943
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2020 10:58 AM

Sean Boisen:

• Are you comparing Google to Fuzzy Bible Search? (Basic Search, select Search Everything, enter a phrase: see screenshot below) Or are you searching some other way? 
  • If so, do you prefer Google because the results better match what you expect? 
  • If so, can you provide some specific examples where you think Google provides better results? 

Fuzzy search is getting better. But even last week it didn't come up with a verse and I went to DuckDuckGo (I very rarely search w/ google any longer). I think the biggest challenge is that web search engines get immediate feedback on the accuracy of their results based on the links the user clicks on. So it's not just a full-text search (w/ adjustments for h1/h2/h3, etc.). I don't know how FL would be able to as easily and as usefully incorporate that into its ranking of search results.

So the direct answer to your question is: online search gives better results when I'm having a hard time remembering the exact word/words or nearness of words.

-Donnie

Posts 107
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2020 2:46 PM

Donnie Hale:

Sean Boisen:

• Are you comparing Google to Fuzzy Bible Search? (Basic Search, select Search Everything, enter a phrase: see screenshot below) Or are you searching some other way? 
  • If so, do you prefer Google because the results better match what you expect? 
  • If so, can you provide some specific examples where you think Google provides better results? 

Fuzzy search is getting better. But even last week it didn't come up with a verse and I went to DuckDuckGo (I very rarely search w/ google any longer). I think the biggest challenge is that web search engines get immediate feedback on the accuracy of their results based on the links the user clicks on. So it's not just a full-text search (w/ adjustments for h1/h2/h3, etc.). I don't know how FL would be able to as easily and as usefully incorporate that into its ranking of search results.

So the direct answer to your question is: online search gives better results when I'm having a hard time remembering the exact word/words or nearness of words.

-Donnie

Greetings. Sean moved the fork over here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/189992/1095358.aspx#1095358

Posts 107
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2020 2:51 PM

danwdoo:

Something like the Microsoft OneNote web clipper extension that can grab articles or parts of articles in one place for reference on a project would be great. It would be an easy way to gather sections in one place for later study and reference.

How would this differ from the "clippings" feature?

Posts 1485
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2020 3:29 PM

When popup windows open (e.g. when right-clicking on a word in a text, or hovering the cursor over a scripture reference in a commentary), I wish the popup windows would open large enough to display everything contained in the window (i.e. all the options or the entire scripture reference), without having to scroll within the popup window--provided of course there's enough room to do that on the screen.

As it is now, when right-clicking on almost any word in a text, the popup window is too small to see all the options without scrolling through them in the popup window, even though there's way more than enough real-estate on the screen to have a popup window large enough to display all the options without scrolling.  The same thing is often true of the popup windows when hovering over scripture references that have a range of more than a few verses, even though there's plenty of room on the screen for a larger popup window.

I think I've been asking for larger popups since Logos 6 or earlier. Or at least to have an option in the settings that would allow for larger popups.

Still hoping!  Smile 

Posts 7544
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2020 5:00 PM

Big Wish: For all 13 new Carta resources to be included in Gold Standard and above 👍😁👌 

DAL

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2020 5:25 PM

Please focus on tablet/mobile functionality particularly with the iPad Pro, Pencil, and keyboard with trackpad. This could truly be a killer tool for Logos if annotation, highlighting, and functionality. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 107
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2020 5:50 PM

Jacob Hantla:

Please focus on tablet/mobile functionality particularly with the iPad Pro, Pencil, and keyboard with trackpad. This could truly be a killer tool for Logos if annotation, highlighting, and functionality. 

On mobile, please include a chapter up and down arrow.

Posts 283
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 14 2020 10:13 PM

Lee Gordon:

How would this differ from the "clippings" feature?

It would be more expansive so could take content from a passage or other guide, any resource, media, whole/partial articles (or links to them) and put them all together for later research in one place.

Posts 66
Avi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2020 10:10 AM

I don't know if it has been addressed, but I would love to see more support for other languages in the Notes! I'm an Israeli and write my notes in Hebrew, but ever since you disabled the RTL/LTR editor control you basically made the Notes system unusable for me, so I REALLY hope you will take this into consideration and offer more support for users like me

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2020 1:04 PM

Lee Gordon:

Jacob Hantla:

On mobile, please include a chapter up and down arrow.

Yes, lots of opportunity for mobile workflow optimization. Perhaps datasets or tools for Logos 9 that are mobile-centric in order to drive sales...but mobile is the way that I want to access my library most and the area in need of greatest all-around improvement

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2046
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 18 2020 7:52 PM

One thing I'd like to see that's probably unlikely, but it would be nice.

Since Amazon killed the feature Logos implemented with Send to Kindle, I wish Logos could create a web front that is compatible with the Experimental Browser on Kindle (such as kindle.logos.com) where I could login with my Logos.com credentials and read Logos books through the Kindle Experimental Browser.

Right now I'm sending Logos books to Kindle by exporting them out of Logos and using the Send to Kindle app, but I have to piece together the books before sending them to my Kindle (I only do this for personal use and I do not share the files with anyone else).

For long-duration reading, I prefer the Kindle (Paperwhite) to my iPad Pro since it's smaller and lighter, and the eInk screen is easier on the eyes than staring at a tablet or computer screen for such a length of time. 

The web variant would be a decent workaround to still allow me to read Logos books on an eInk Kindle.

But then Amazon will decide to end the browser experiment. :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 72
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 22 2020 9:40 AM

If this is already mentioned, I apologize.

Suggest:

1) Greek audio Read Aloud by Schwandt in an interlinear, e.g. Newberry.

2) Update Greek audio for LXX words with no audio / pronunciation.

Posts 10
Natasha Lampe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 23 2020 8:26 AM

Jacob Hantla:

I second this. I bought an iPad Pro specifically so that I can use the pencil for notes and such (despite having a touch-screen laptop). I would love to be able to use it more with Logos.

Posts 363
Andrew Biddinger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 25 2020 8:39 AM

Wouldn't it be great to use workflows for Book Reports?

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/190260.aspx | User voice

Posts 916
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 25 2020 2:23 PM

I'm doing a Bible word study.  Under lemma, I have 26 books identified only by initials.  I know 9 of them.  If I hover the mouse over them, it doesn't ell me what book it is.  I have to open the resource and hover over the initials in the tab to find out.  Maybe this is a little thing, but for a world-class resource, I think it should be basic.  You're on number 9 now.  This should have been corrected in 3.

Thank you

Posts 916
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 29 2020 11:25 AM

I am working on a long project, copying and pasting a lot of things.  I find it frustrating to find that when I enable footnotes, Logos prints out every abbreviation in the document at the same time.  When the material is heavy, as in lexicons, technical commentaries, the list of abbreviations can be enormous.  And you just can't delete them.  You have to go into the document and type over the letter in the abbreviation that creates the footnote.

Grrrr!  This should have corrected by Logos 3.

Posts 916
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 3:46 PM

Logos needs a better search function.

I wanted to find the verse in Jeremiah that says :is not that what it means to know me?  

I clicked on search, did a Bible search, all Bible text in all passages.  I tried to just say Jeremiah but it gave me 11 Bible with Jeremiah.

Zero results.  No fuzzy and no verses.

I typed it into google and in an instant I had it, and it turns out it was an exact quote of the NIV. 

Why didn't Logos find it? 

Posts 107
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 3:49 PM

Larry Craig:

Logos needs a better search function.

I wanted to find the verse in Jeremiah that says :is not that what it means to know me?  

I clicked on search, did a Bible search, all Bible text in all passages.  I tried to just say Jeremiah but it gave me 11 Bible with Jeremiah.

Zero results.  No fuzzy and no verses.

I typed it into google and in an instant I had it, and it turns out it was an exact quote of the NIV. 

Why didn't Logos find it? 

See this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/189992.aspx?PageIndex=1

Posts 916
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 3:55 PM

Thank you.  The link was on fuzzy searches.

I read through most of the comments.  Some had success and some didn't on the same search.  

In my case, I had no results for either search, fuzzy or regular.  I think I'll use google more.

Thanks for responding.  I appreciate it.

Posts 875
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 4:38 PM

Larry Craig:

Thank you.  The link was on fuzzy searches.

I read through most of the comments.  Some had success and some didn't on the same search.  

In my case, I had no results for either search, fuzzy or regular.  I think I'll use google more.

Thanks for responding.  I appreciate it.

Larry, I got the intended verse with Fuzzy Search. Let's take follow-ups to https://community.logos.com/forums/t/189992.aspx: i'm not sure why you didn't get this result. 

Page 24 of 38 (745 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS