Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 33 of 38 (742 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last »
This post has 741 Replies | 43 Followers

Posts 4
Ron Grimes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2020 8:39 AM

I would love the ability to give panels a title. I tend to have several panels with sets of tabs inside each. I have one for Greek Lexicons, Hebrew Lexicons, Jewish Midrash, Orthodox Commentary, etc. etc. It would be nice to be able to put those titles at the top of each panel. It would also be nice to be able to move an entire panel instead of having to move its sub-tabs one-by-one.

Posts 97
Robert Kelbe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2020 6:08 PM

Some more suggestions:

• Desktop:
    • Sermon tool (similar to the notes tool) with filters for audience type, series, topics, passages, etc. and perhaps a spreadsheet view
    • Ability to duplicate a sermon (suppose I want to make changes to a sermon, I would preserve the original sermon and make changes to the copy. I tried copy pasting the content but the outlines weren't preserved, which leads me to...)
    • Ability to copy/paste from notes or another sermon document into a sermon document while preserving outlining
    • The Settings should include Greek and Hebrew sample text so you can preview the Greek and Hebrew font
    • Add a "skip" option for the Bible reading plan. That way you could catch up but still know which passages you didn't read.
    • Go box should be an omnibox where you could type names of tools to open them.
    • Repeated note icons should be displayed stacked to take up less space. Also re-think notes that are displayed for every verse. Perhaps as you scroll past the initial note icon it could "stick" to the top of the reading pane to let you know that there is still an active note as you continue scrolling past it.
  • Android
    • Pressing and holding the backspace key behaves weirdly in notes. It sometimes deletes the wrong direction, sometimes causes letters to be added, etc.
    • New tab should include Prayers in the "Tools" menu. Currently you can't Open prayers from a new tab.

This isn't a feature, but I would love to see reported typos actually being corrected. I find so many typos in books that are freely available online but I pay more money for in Logos, for one reason because I expect them not to have typos. The help documentation is also riddled with typos. Perhaps you could reward people who submit typos, since they are doing some of the editing work that should have been done originally. Even 10 cents/typo seems like a fair amount that actually saves Logos money compared to having an employee find the typo. Just a thought!

Below is a typo in a help card:

Posts 3803
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2020 6:45 PM

Robert Kelbe:
Go box should be an omnibox where you could type names of tools to open them.

You should be able to use show toolname to open that tool. E.g., show concordance

https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_8_Commands

Thanks to FL for including Carta Jerusalem and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 97
Robert Kelbe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2020 7:51 PM

Thanks! More often than not, when I suggest a feature, I stand corrected because some form of it is already there.

Posts 69
Ryland Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2020 8:57 AM

Ron Grimes:

I would love the ability to give panels a title. I tend to have several panels with sets of tabs inside each. I have one for Greek Lexicons, Hebrew Lexicons, Jewish Midrash, Orthodox Commentary, etc. etc. It would be nice to be able to put those titles at the top of each panel. It would also be nice to be able to move an entire panel instead of having to move its sub-tabs one-by-one.

This!  This would be helpful. 

Posts 1738
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2020 11:47 AM

I would love a english pronunciation guide that uses sound to share with readers and users how a word can be correctly pronounced.

I know we have Greek and Hebrew sound files as I have seen them but why not what I call plain english pronunciations.

Imagine reading the Bible publicly and being able to pronounce some of those names and locations with less effort because Logos helped you do so.

imho, this should be a standard feature.,

Posts 1491
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2020 12:33 PM

I really need more independent font control, particularly with size. That is, I need to be able to size my Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, and English fonts separately. What is a readable size for Hebrew is wasting space with super-largeEnglish, but readable English makes Hebrew and Greek too small. 

And in an ideal world, I could create some panels with separate fonts and backgrounds. That is, for example, I could set up my Dead Sea Scrolls panels to have a papyrus background and different font than BHS. Doing something like this gives visual indication of what text (or kind of text) you’re looking at, helps keep things mentally organized. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 11203
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2020 1:41 PM

Ben:
I really need more independent font control, particularly with size. That is, I need to be able to size my Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, and English fonts separately. What is a readable size for Hebrew is wasting space with super-largeEnglish, but readable English makes Hebrew and Greek too small

Definitely, though I'd assume we're a few weeks out from L9 (judging from being down to 2-3 star-people, plus Phil on pins and needles).

My crazy solution is a mass-small, followed by selective-bigs for english, since the hebrew is so hard to manage. Resource type backgrounding also nice, though selective also nice.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2045
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2020 6:13 PM

JoshInRI:

I would love a english pronunciation guide that uses sound to share with readers and users how a word can be correctly pronounced.

I know we have Greek and Hebrew sound files as I have seen them but why not what I call plain english pronunciations.

Imagine reading the Bible publicly and being able to pronounce some of those names and locations with less effort because Logos helped you do so.

Already there, just kind of hidden.

Nathan Parker

Posts 2259
LogosEmployee

Robert Kelbe:
Below is a typo in a help card:

Thanks. I've reported it to the right people.

Posts 824
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 3 2020 12:22 PM

JoshInRI:

We have that now for the large majority of words in Factbook. Click on the speaker icon to hear the English pronunciation. 

You can also open the Pronunciation Tool and choose a different pronunciation type (Greek, in several styles, Hebrew, etc.)

Posts 8712
LogosEmployee

JoshInRI:

You may also find this resource helpful: https://www.logos.com/product/7299/thats-easy-for-you-to-say-your-quick-guide-to-pronouncing-bible-names-3rd-ed

It's included in a lot of Logos 8 base packages.

Posts 32
Phil Tuften | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2020 7:59 PM

My wish for Logos 9 is the ability to select several items at once to be taken off device.  Why?  I need to tighten down on my HDD/SDD space, I need to remove items that I do not use.

Posts 23232
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 8 2020 11:16 PM

Phil Tuften:
My wish for Logos 9 is the ability to select several items at once to be taken off device.

We can do this in Logos 8 already

In the Library panel, select a set of resources you want to move and then select the option from the Information Pane

The resources will be removed from your local drive, but still be associated with your account. They will stay show in your library and appear in the Cloud Resources section of search functions.

Posts 32
Phil Tuften | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 9 2020 12:16 AM

Yes

Posts 907
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2020 5:52 AM

I would like the ability to add notes in a similar way as creating visual filters.

Say I find an explanation of a Greek or Hebrew word that I want to be mindful of whenever I study or teach on a passage.   I would like to be able to attach a note to every occurrence of that word at one time..  

Or, in a similar case, I had a note that I wanted to attach to a list of verses.  It would have been good to just be able to list the verses rather than look them up and attach the notes individually.

Thank you

Posts 69
Ryland Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2020 11:42 AM

Word count in sermon doc.

Posts 635
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2020 12:48 PM

oldpaths:

It already does a word count (upper right, just below above sermon info. and an "expected speaking time"). Does that not do what you want?

edited

Posts 69
Ryland Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2020 10:05 PM

Bill Shewmaker:

oldpaths:

It already does a word count (upper right, just below above sermon info. and an "expected speaking time"). Does that not do what you want?

edited

Mea Culpa!  I use the expected speaking time each week!  Can't believe I didn't see that.  Thanks for pointing it out!

Posts 3
Peter T. Hofman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 15 2020 7:11 PM

Phil,

Please include a useful pen/pencil tool like that with Accordance for both Mobile and Desktop

Page 33 of 38 (742 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS