Advice/Tips for one going to the dark side (iOS)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3533
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 19 2019 7:50 PM

Sorry but Star Wars Fever is in the air and I couldn’t help myself. I’m switching from PC to Mac and I was wondering if any Mac users out there could give me some tips as to using logos on a Mac instead. I know hot keys and shortcuts will be different... is there a list of them? Any weird issues on macs? Will my personal docs in logos transfer over or will I need to rebuild them all again?

Thank you in advance

Posts 22368
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2019 11:43 PM

Mattillo:
Will my personal docs in logos transfer over or will I need to rebuild them all again?

If you have uploaded them from your PC they should appear in your Library on the MAC.

They won’t be editable in the PB Tool unless you copy the source files across and, potentially, edit the location details.

PS: And its worth knowing that iOS is the operating system for iPhones and iPads whereas it is OS X on laptop / desktop

Posts 3490
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2019 12:30 AM

Graham Criddle:
And its worth knowing that iOS is the operating system for iPhones and iPads whereas it is OS X on laptop / desktop

I think Apple has changed it up again. It’s now iPadOS for the iPads, and macOS for the macs.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 212
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2019 12:52 AM

Mattillo:
I know hot keys and shortcuts will be different... is there a list of them?

The Wiki has a page for the mac shortcuts...

https://wiki.logos.com/Keyboard_Shortcuts_For_Mac 

Posts 3533
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2019 3:01 AM

Thank you both. That’ll be helpful. Graham do you think my layouts will transfer as well?

Posts 13386
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2019 3:37 AM

Graham Criddle:
PS: And its worth knowing that iOS is the operating system for iPhones and iPads whereas it is OS X on laptop / desktop

It's not OS X, it's MacOS now.

Back to the original question, I'm a Windows person, but was gifted a Mac recently. Using Logos on the Mac requires is very straightforward, and requires almost no re-thinking or differences in approach.

In other words, if you're converting to MacOS from Windows, Logos is the least of your worries.

Posts 3533
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2019 6:30 AM

Mark Barnes:

In other words, if you're converting to MacOS from Windows, Logos is the least of your worries.

This is both comforting and disconcerting :)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS