Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 287
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 23 2019 11:18 AM

Which Logos tool could help me learn how to tell these two words apart, in this example below? My morphologically tagged Hebrew text does so, but what type of tool might there be to teach me such things beside a tagged text? Thanks!

see יִרְאֶ֔ה vs. fear יִרְאָה

Posts 29673
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 5 2020 9:06 PM

bump 3

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 29673
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2020 8:42 PM

bumping

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3803
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2020 11:50 PM

You could use an interlinear, power lookup (Information tool), or analytical lexicon to distinguish between the two roots.

• יִרְאֶ֔ה (ר-א-ה)
  • יִרְאָה (י-ר-א)

You could use a graded reader (reader's edition) to hide interlinear information for words you know.

You might find the Exegetical guide helpful to understand the text. The Bible Word Study guide is another alternative.

If you want to learn more about using Logos tools to help with Hebrew, the Learn to Use Biblical Greek and Hebrew in Logos Mobile Ed (pre-pub) will show you how to use all the language tools and methods to understand a word or verse. (Note: This new course is a replacement for the older LA 151/161 course that was based on Logos 6, I think.)

Apart from that, studying vocabulary and grammar (e.g., to help recognize when ־ָה might be a feminine singular ending that might not be part of the root).

If you're looking for a textbook, you might want to check out Zondervan's Basics of Biblical Hebrew Grammar, 3rd edition, or Learning Biblical Hebrew: Reading for Comprehension from Lexham Press. (Both texts also have a corresponding workbook.)

Thanks to FL for including Carta Jerusalem and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 3803
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2020 11:51 PM

MJ. Smith:

bumping

Thanks, MJ!

Thanks to FL for including Carta Jerusalem and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 287
Gregorio Billikopf | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2020 7:52 AM

Thanks to both of you, MJ and PetahChristian.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS