Logos.com platform wish list for 2020

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3540
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 26 2019 11:48 AM

What features or functionality might be added to the online store to improve your shopping experience?

As a Faithlife Connect customer, there are two things I would like to know when shopping at Logos.com:

1. Do I already have a temporary license for this resource?

I'm hoping FL will be able to add an icon to Resources Included indicating which resources we temporarily own.

I understand that might impact purchases, but it would save money which customers would probably appreciate more!

2. Is this resource one of the Classics titles that can freely be downloaded each month?

The old store had a Similar Products by Category sidebar (but that information is no longer displayed at the classic site).

It would be extremely helpful if that type of tagging could return to the product pages so that we could not only quickly see if something is freely available for subscribers, but also conveniently search for related resources (without having to manually find that category within the Language, Product Type, Resource Type, or other facet).

Visible display of tagging would also help us catch resources which aren't (completely) tagged, to make them more discoverable for customers.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 3475
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 26 2019 12:04 PM

PetahChristian:
Visible display of tagging would also help us catch resources which aren't (completely) tagged, to make them more discoverable for customers.

I'm very much in favour of more visible tagging. I'm also highly aware that making this visible will reveal that thousands of PDPs have incomplete tagging, e.g., most of the ones created using the high-speed tool FL has been using to break up collections efficiently. (For one thing, that tool omits denominational tags.)

Posts 3540
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 26 2019 12:24 PM

3. I'd like to see the Product Type facet make a return (after it's been cleaned up). It's usually not visible in the sidebar, unless the store is already being filtered by product type.

Two of the more useful product types I would filter on were "Base Packages," and "Logos Mobile Education."

4. I'd like to see the Topic facet behave more consistently. It's not a checkbox list, and you can't select more than one topic.

Right now, if you choose a Topic (such as Judaica), the renamed facet becomes a checkbox list of Judaica sub-facets.

One shortcoming is that there's no obvious way (via the sidebar) to return to unfiltered list of topics (although you can X that filter above the search results).

The other limitation is that those sub-facet items aren't conveniently exposed at the top-level. You can't easily know about or find books tagged "Rabbinic Judaism." If you try to search titles and descriptions for "Rabbinic Judaism," you get a very different set of results.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 3540
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 26 2019 12:33 PM

Please consider restoring clickable search result product images.

I still find myself inadvertently trying to click a search's book cover image to get to the PDP, but then having to click the book title.

It would also help the site to be more consistent as certain (e.g., landing page) product images are clickable, but others aren't.

Posts 10768
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 26 2019 1:14 PM

5. Please consider fixing 2019 reported bugs. Just a simple example, I think reported twice, and shopping just today, the example pages click, resulting in closure of the product page area:

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 273
LogosEmployee
Glenn Airoldi (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 26 2019 3:06 PM

Just a quick note of thanks for the thoughtful feedback and suggestions.  We continue to look at these and address them as it's possible.  

Posts 3475
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 26 2019 3:21 PM

6. Something is broken with regard to individual support.logos.com articles, including this one, and how they display (at least on non-mobile Firefox) and I hope it gets fixed soon.

7. Searches of Logos.com like this one still bring up contemporary fiction from ebooks.faithlife.com, so I hope for filter fine-tuning (or, if need be, occasional manual culling). I do appreciate being able to find free non-fiction from there on Logos.com now, though!

Posts 1932
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2019 5:36 AM

A major shortcoming when browsing resources and adding them to your cart is that the site immediately takes you to your cart. That makes it difficult and error prone to return to the list of resources you were looking at. If your list is based on a search and a faceted filter and a sort and a count per page, you have to hope the back button works or try to recreate that list.

When you "Add to cart" it should just tell you "Resource added to cart" and provide a link if you do immediately want to go to your cart. Otherwise it should stay on the current list of resources.

-Donnie

Posts 33
LogosEmployee
Natalie Winburn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2019 5:12 PM

Denise:
the example pages click, resulting in closure of the product page area

Hi Denise, 

Can you please share with me what kind of device you're on? Laptop, desktop, tablet, etc.? And what browser are you using? I've been unable to reproduce this experience, but I want to dig in further with more specific details. Thanks!

Posts 3540
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2020 8:25 AM

I just experienced what Denise reported about the product page details disappearing when clicking on the sample images.

This was the PDP, if it matters.

https://www.logos.com/product/144309/csb-apologetics-study-bible-notes

Laptop, 3840x2160 resolution, browser maximized to full screen.

Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0

Posts 10768
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2020 8:33 AM

Natalie Winburn:

Denise:
the example pages click, resulting in closure of the product page area

Hi Denise, 

Can you please share with me what kind of device you're on? Laptop, desktop, tablet, etc.? And what browser are you using? I've been unable to reproduce this experience, but I want to dig in further with more specific details. Thanks!

Thank you, Petah.

Natalie, I'm on an ipad mini4 with latest ios/Safari. But the jpg samples have been a problem for several months now (other customers).

I VERY much doubt this is a clue, but the workaround was to long-press them to the ios Photo app. But the result is a badly displayed text (rainbow colors, etc). Which suggests maybe the jpgs?

ADDED:

Just this week, also another bizarro:

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/187282/1082330.aspx#1082330 

Posts 3540
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2020 9:19 AM

Denise:

Hmm, do you know why your sidebar facets use a serif font?

I’m on iPadOS 13.3, and I see something different.

Posts 3475
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2020 9:54 AM

I would like to be able to filter out of searches all results that don't have Add to Cart or pre-order buttons. My most common use case for this is when I'm sorting by price, looking for freebies and/or cheap stuff.

Posts 10768
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2020 10:32 AM

PetahChristian:
Hmm, do you know why your sidebar facets use a serif font?

Hmmm ... sneaky, sneaky (smiling). I like serif'd headers to better highlight sections. The browser is a ios overlay allowing more user control, plus stripping all the trackers, etc. Of course, the new fun is fingerprinting, and this type browser allows multiple finger prints.

Unrelated, but now Amazon thinks I'm a university student, and Verizon moves me all over Arizona. Where's Waldo! Or who's Waldo??

The alluded prepub issue is also on the stock Safari browser.

Posts 3540
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 13 2020 8:05 PM

The search dropdown doesn't work the way I expect.

1. Type a partial title into the search box
  2. Press the down arrow key to highlight the dropdown's desired selection
  3. Press the enter key

What was expected: It runs a search on the highlighted title in the dropdown. (The enter key should accept the selection from the dropdown when a title is chosen via the keyboard.)

What actually happens: It runs a search on the partial title in the search box, rather than (populating or using) the highlighted title in the dropdown.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS