Please use informative Subject Lines

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 22 2010 5:52 PM

In another thread, the suggestion was made to use  an informative subject line:

• good: "Greek 02: the alphabet is missing the letter delta"
  • not so good: "Something's wrong here!", "Can somebody look at this?", etc.

This is a great idea. The forums are too big for me to look at all of them, and I am more likely to look at and contribute to a thread when it has a subject line which lets me know what it is about.

Posts 19707
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 5:56 PM

Yes, please! Yes

Unfortunately, most of the people who use unhelpful subject lines are new posters who probably won't have seen your plea. Oh well, we can only hope to keep educating people.

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 6:07 PM

Yes, it would be helpful, but have you noticed that the ones that don't give good information in the subject line actually seem to get more hits and in many instances more posts.

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/18723.aspx

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 7:54 PM

Praiser:

Yes, it would be helpful, but have you noticed that the ones that don't give good information in the subject line actually seem to get more hits and in many instances more posts.

I don't know about the "more posts" data, but the "more hits" totals are likely inflated by a lot of forum users having to visit vaguely named threads just trying to see what the threads are actually about.

Fred

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 8:00 PM

If Logos has full source code and control over these forum software, they could add some additional comments that show when someone begins click "Write a New Post" and the editor comes up.

I don't much like ones with a title of "Help" or "Crash" and nothing else. (And don't always read them)

Posts 28011
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 8:44 PM

Don:

In another thread, the suggestion was made to use  an informative subject line:

Except I fell for one without (not this oneSmile)

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS