BHS and Corresponding Words not working

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 66
Karl Fritz Jr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 28 2019 5:13 PM

Is there a reason why Corresponding Words doesn't work with BHS?  Works fine with LHB.  I'm on Windows with Logos 8.10.

Posts 28206
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 1:44 AM

Which BHS are you using? See https://community.logos.com/forums/p/133389/867400.aspx#867400 to understand why I ask.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 66
Karl Fritz Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 6:02 AM

Thanks MJ.  I did see that thread, and neither work for me. Here's an example of what I'm seeing:

Posts 10391
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 11:37 AM

Karl Fritz:
Here's an example of what I'm seeing

Are you sure the respective visual filter entries are selected for the BHS bibles? It works for me:

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 66
Karl Fritz Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 11:46 AM

I was able to replicate your screen, but only by using Corresponding Search Results.  The result I was hoping for was the Corresponding Words (with Same Lemma being the only box checked).  I can only get that to work with the LHB and not with either BHS.

Posts 10391
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 12:11 PM

Karl Fritz:
The result I was hoping for was the Corresponding Words (with Same Lemma being the only box checked).  I can only get that to work with the LHB and not with either BHS

When I try this way, I see the same. EDIT: My suspection is that the different morphologies may not work fully together here - a lemma search will specify the lbs/he morphology for the lemma and only find lemmas in the Logos-morphed Hebrew bibles, not in the two BHS or AFAT.

As a workaround: When you use the "corresponding selection", you'll see that the BHS books will work and you can go over, click and work from there.  

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 66
Karl Fritz Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 3:05 PM

Ok, yes the corresponding selection worked for me too. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS