Reformed Logos Users Group on Facebook

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 399
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 29 2019 5:15 AM

I would like to invite folks who are Logos Bible Software users to join the "Reformed Logos Users Group" on Facebook.

The purpose of the group is to help one another find resources that will be a help. Me personally, I have over 8,000 resources and sometimes, I don't even know the value of a resource when it comes to whether or not it's a solid work or a synergistic heavy work.

Everything from a "have you seen this book" post to a "I've got this book and I don't even remember buying it; is it a solid work?" Especially welcomed are particular sales on hidden gems.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Only requirements for membership is you're either Reformed or Calvinistic and you use Logos.

Search for "Reformed Logos Users Group" on Facebook!

Wilson Hines

Posts 1115
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 6:05 AM

Wilson Hines:

I would like to invite folks who are Logos Bible Software users to join the "Reformed Logos Users Group" on Facebook.

The purpose of the group is to help one another find resources that will be a help. Me personally, I have over 8,000 resources and sometimes, I don't even know the value of a resource when it comes to whether or not it's a solid work or a synergistic heavy work.

Everything from a "have you seen this book" post to a "I've got this book and I don't even remember buying it; is it a solid work?" Especially welcomed are particular sales on hidden gems.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Only requirements for membership is you're either Reformed or Calvinistic and you use Logos.

Search for "Reformed Logos Users Group" on Facebook!

Request sent, although I don't use my surname in my Facebook profile. I'm not a huge fan of Facebook and only use to follow my church and local community. 

Posts 399
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 6:24 AM

Well, Facebook obviously and absolutely has issues; there's no questioning that fact.  Maybe helping other likeminded folks in the RLU will give you a fresh look at Facebook.  There are a lot of Reformed and Calvinistic groups.

Wilson Hines

Posts 2892
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 8:00 AM

Wilson Hines:
you're either Reformed or Calvinistic

What could possibly go wrong? Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

(and yes, I is one)

I'll give it a try and see what happens.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 59
David Achorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 8:22 AM

Gotta love the "Reformed Pilates" that was returned in my related search box on Facebook. 

Posts 399
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 8:24 AM

That’s hilarious!!!! Did you find the correct group?

Wilson Hines

Posts 59
David Achorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 8:27 AM

Yes, found it. 

Although I'm trying to put my right leg behind my ear while reading Institutes and it isn't working.  Guess I'll just stick to reading.

Posts 14
Alberto Deluca | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 8:51 AM

Gentle reminder:

This thread goes against the forum guidelines.  You’re not supposed to advertise your own personal Facebook group; especially, when you post requirements that state only certain people are welcomed there. 

Posts 399
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 9:02 AM

The requirement for certain people is because for some reason people, Christian people, like to fight like cats and dogs.  If that offends you, you can keep reading through this forum to find another post you really enjoy.  Thanks.  

Wilson Hines

Posts 14
Alberto Deluca | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 9:07 AM

Wilson Hines:

The requirement for certain people is because for some reason people, Christian people, like to fight like cats and dogs.  If that offends you, you can keep reading through this forum to find another post you really enjoy.  Thanks.  

Is not about being offended, is about you violating the guidelines; hence, the gentle reminder. Thanks!

Posts 399
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 9:11 AM

I just read the guidelines set forth in this forum and you are reading too much into it.  "Especially, when you post requirements that state only certain people are welcomed there" is an absolute read into the guidelines.  

Please just go do something else that you enjoy and stop bothering me for posting something you don't like.  You have 12 comments or posts and two of them are right here.  I don't know if you just don't like Reformed theology or what, but this is enough.

Thank you, have a great Sunday.

Wilson Hines

Posts 14
Alberto Deluca | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 9:22 AM
Wilson Hines:

I just read the guidelines set forth in this forum and you are reading too much into it.  "Especially, when you post requirements that state only certain people are welcomed there" is an absolute read into the guidelines.  

Please just go do something else that you enjoy and stop bothering me for posting something you don't like.  You have 12 comments or posts and two of them are right here.  I don't know if you just don't like Reformed theology or what, but this is enough.

Thank you, have a great Sunday.

It’s about you advertising, but oh well. And since when is the number of posts a requirement to remind someone of the guidelines?
Posts 399
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 9:26 AM

This is not advertising to make money or sell anything.  You know that.  

This is a group that is supporting other Logos users.  There are a couple other groups on Facebook for other particular denominations or theological leanings.  This is a group that can and will help people.

You're up to post 13 now.  Why are you begging to fight with me about this?  

Wilson Hines

Posts 401
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 10:33 AM

Yea you tell him Wilson.  The only reason we have "guidelines" is some of the people complained enough to logos so I guess they thought they should do something.  But remember they are guidelines not rules.

Posts 10624
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 11:10 AM

Alberto Deluca:
And since when is the number of posts a requirement to remind someone of the guidelines?

Alberto, Wilson did give fair warning and preview; the Christian group fights like cats and dogs. So, FB might be quite appropriate.

But appreciate your participation ... you're right ... post counts are meaningless.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 3400
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 1:42 PM

Phil Gons:
Please abide by the following guidelines as you interact on our forums.

[...]

3. Please treat each other with the love, courtesy, respect, and kindness that you would if you were sitting in your living room together.

4. Please do not use our forums to

[...]

• advertise yourself, your business, your ministry, your website, etc. (a tasteful link in your forum signature is acceptable)

[...]

6. Please help others follow these guidelines. If the problems continue after you’ve given a gentle reminder of these expectations, please click “Report Abuse” under “More” or send an email to forums@logos.com.

If anyone still cares about the post count of whoever follows Forum Guideline #6 by posting a gentle reminder, well, I have over 3,000 posts, so here's your gentle reminder regarding the three guidelines I have quoted above. 

Posts 399
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 1:52 PM

Just to let you know, I'm going to delete the thread, because it has highly, highly offended SineNomine and Alberto Deluca.  I disagree with your interpretation of the guidelines and I've seen other posts very similar.  I hope that you all can sleep tight tonight knowing this a monster that no longer shows up in our Forums. 

Stuff like this is exactly why I stopped helping out here a long time ago.  Years ago.  When they went from BBS to the Forums, it simply tanked in quality.  We used to be a tight knit bunch, really.  

Anyway, enjoy your lives. 

Wilson Hines

Posts 399
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 1:54 PM

Well, I'd like to delete it, but I now realize you can't delete it.  

Anyway, enjoy yourselves.

Wilson Hines

Posts 28223
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 1:59 PM

May I ask (a) do you want me to ask that the thread be deleted? and (b) why aren't you using the Faithlife platform that likely already has such a group?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 399
Wilson Hines | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 2:48 PM

Because, quite frankly, the reach of the Faithlife Platform is highly disjunctive and the reach is greatly restrictive.  When I brought up this concept last year, it was brought up why not try using the Faithlife platform and I just find it a hard way to go.  

How many participants are there in the Faithlife group? 

In regards to deleting the thread, whatever you guys want to do.  It doesn't matter.  Honestly. 

Wilson Hines

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS