The Quran with Christian Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2482
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 30 2019 7:07 AM

Since the Study Quran is very high up on the book suggestions list, I thought I'd share what I just found:

https://www.logos.com/product/186551/the-quran-with-christian-commentary

Probably much better than the Study Quran, and for $38 practically a steal. The preorder price elsewhere is around $60 to $100.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 10636
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2019 10:09 AM

Thank you, Jan!

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1984
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2019 2:09 PM

Yes, thanks

Posts 3733
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2019 3:17 PM

I'd love to see the library of Qumran with Christian commentary

Posts 479
Liam & Abi Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2019 6:37 AM

I’ve been after something like this for some time. Thanks for flagging, Jan! Though, i should point out that like Christianity, Islam is not monolithic in its interpretation of the Quran so, as great as this resource looks to be, it is probably best read in conversation with some Muslims living locally to the reader. Neither can the former replace the latter. Those caveats aside, I’m looking forward to digging into this When it comes out.

Francis:

I'd love to see the library of Qumran with Christian commentary

Yes, please! I’d settle for an edited reader that simply comments  in on the most significant documents.

Carpe verbum.

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2019 10:29 PM

Jan Krohn:

Since the Study Quran is very high up on the book suggestions list, I thought I'd share what I just found:

https://www.logos.com/product/186551/the-quran-with-christian-commentary

Probably much better than the Study Quran, and for $38 practically a steal. The preorder price elsewhere is around $60 to $100.

Thanks Jan - this is something I'd missed - and something I've now pre-ordered :)

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 3400
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2020 8:48 AM

This is something I'd like to see a review or two of by Muslim scholars, but I imagine that won't happen at least until it's published.

Posts 1040
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 4 2020 12:27 PM

I took the class related to this book with Dr. Nickel and it should be a great work. He is a well-balanced scholar with a thorough understanding of Islam. Perhaps Logos can get his Brill published dissertation at a reasonable price as well: Narratives of Tampering in the Earliest Commentaries on the Qur'an.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS