Bible Study Magazine & Advertised Books

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10636
Denise | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 30 2019 3:03 PM

BSM arrived ... again, a thank you to a funder. And as usual, the advertisements were just great (I always feel guilty blocking FL adverts, so the BSM ones are extra good).

Anyway Moody advertised 'Leveling the Church' by Fries and Maxfield. And the idea seemed exactly what I hoped Logos would be ... a great resource for church members. And (hopefully) an easy way for a pastor to 'softly' guide study-ers.

Unfortunately, Logos.com is missing the resource. It comes out this month (almost) and you can pre-order on the big-A (including Kindle):

https://www.amazon.com/Leveling-Church-Multiplying-Ministry-Giving/dp/0802418775/ 

Of course, there were other good adverts. Ben Witherington hosting a tour of Egypt, Israel, and Turkey and not too expensive too. That has to be some Logosian's dream package!

Also Steve Runge using Phil 2 to demonstrate discourse practical use (good). Forumites always wonder.

And Wendy Widder getting down to real basics for Bible newbies. That's unusual and also good.

Finally, I'm going to have to get my trusty Logos out ... I thought for sure the greek for 'mountain' is the same for 'hill'. A gentleman ran with 'mountain' for his article 'point'. Hmmm.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2019 8:59 PM

Denise:

Anyway Moody advertised 'Leveling the Church' by Fries and Maxfield. And the idea seemed exactly what I hoped Logos would be ... a great resource for church members. And (hopefully) an easy way for a pastor to 'softly' guide study-ers.

Unfortunately, Logos.com is missing the resource. It comes out this month (almost) and you can pre-order on the big-A (including Kindle):

I am unsure why it does not appear on a search... but here it is (and cheaper than “Big A.”)

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/product/187195/leveling-the-church-multiplying-your-ministry-by-giving-it-away 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2019 9:28 PM

FWIW- I found it by  filtering down by publisher (moody) and status (prepub). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 22364
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2019 3:12 AM

JT (alabama24):
I am unsure why it does not appear on a search

It looks as though when running a search on Faithlife ebooks, the Live filter is added - which is why you didn’t see it.

Removing that filter - and replacing with the pre-pub one - finds the book.

This search behaviour looks like a bug to me.

Posts 10636
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2019 6:40 AM

Thank you,, Alabama and Graham. 

I must confess, I've no clue what you're talking about (just from repeating my search). I can't see a live filter in action (though all the results live). And the web-text doesn't have a live filter. Agree, a bug, but rather bad one, to not reflect somewhere.

I'm sure Moody really appreciates that! Ha.

Again, thanks for finding it.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1938
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2019 7:01 AM

Denise:
Anyway Moody advertised 'Leveling the Church' by Fries and Maxfield. And the idea seemed exactly what I hoped Logos would be ... a great resource for church members

Denise:
Ben Witherington hosting a tour of Egypt, Israel, and Turkey and not too expensive too.

I just read my BSM cover-to-cover last night and these two items awakened the "want monster" within me Devil Fortunately, the Fries book is within the budget. The 3 Weeks with Witherington would be a memory of a lifetime, but not in the budget at this time.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 1002
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2020 8:47 AM

David Thomas:
The 3 Weeks with Witherington would be a memory of a lifetime, but not in the budget at this time.

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS