?? The Lexham English Septuagint, Second Edition ??

Page 3 of 5 (92 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 91 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 331
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 26 2020 9:31 AM

Why is Enoch in LES?

Posts 29096
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 26 2020 11:42 AM

Because the LES is based on Swete which includes it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1063
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 26 2020 2:15 PM

Theo:

Tom Reynolds:

So where's the beef?!!?

I just received this hilarious email from marketing:

"You just received the digital second edition of the Lexham English Septuagint for free."

You got the email. Have you gotten the resource as of yet?

No one has received it which is why the email is so funny. Their main point was that now I've had a chance to read the digital version how would I like to buy a paper copy. Notwithstanding the fact that it was much cheaper last month during their sale and I didn't buy it then (although I was tempted), there is no way for me to have tried it out.

Posts 37
Rob | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 26 2020 2:51 PM

The hardcover of the LES is beautiful! It sits along side Robert Alter’s Hebrew Translation on a shelf of various other translations.

I’m quite curious to find out if the digital text contains the same typo I found in the print version.

Psalm 1:1 ...and does not sit in t he seat of evil persons.

Posts 358
Puddin’ | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 26 2020 8:18 PM

Tom Reynolds:

Theo:

Tom Reynolds:

So where's the beef?!!?

I just received this hilarious email from marketing:

"You just received the digital second edition of the Lexham English Septuagint for free."

You got the email. Have you gotten the resource as of yet?

No one has received it which is why the email is so funny. Their main point was that now I've had a chance to read the digital version how would I like to buy a paper copy. Notwithstanding the fact that it was much cheaper last month during their sale and I didn't buy it then (although I was tempted), there is no way for me to have tried it out.

Well, good to know I am not the only one.  

Upon receiving the email I couldn’t wait to begin perusing through my brand new Lexham LXX, 2nd. ed.——Which was nowhere to be found 🤨.

Posts 102
LogosEmployee
Jake Mailhot | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 9:38 AM

We're sorry for the additional delays on the digital edition of the LES 2E. We've been working on the reverse interlinear for this translation at the same time adding some complexity to publishing the resource.

We will be shipping the main resource this week and the RVI will follow in February.

Posts 2395
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 11:03 AM

I’m just curious, is there a list of changes from the first edition to the second?

Posts 1585
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 12:09 PM

I'm sure you could run a text comparison between the two and get that list once it's released.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1585
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 12:11 PM

Rob:

I’m quite curious to find out if the digital text contains the same typo I found in the print version.

Psalm 1:1 ...and does not sit in t he seat of evil persons.

Oops! Confused

Posts 2443
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 2:03 PM

YAY! Just noticed it in my download list!!!GeekedGeekedGeeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2648
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 2:46 PM

And The LES 2nd ed. Alternate Texts!GeekedGeekedGeeked

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 226
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 27 2020 4:32 PM

Jake Mailhot:

We're sorry for the additional delays on the digital edition of the LES 2E. We've been working on the reverse interlinear for this translation at the same time adding some complexity to publishing the resource.

We will be shipping the main resource this week and the RVI will follow in February.

Thanks!

I really appreciate this a ton!

And yes this was what I looked for 1st and missed! Glad to know it is on the way!

Posts 1585
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 6:36 AM

I've noticed several typos in the Second Edition already (Print and Digital appear to be the same). For example, and this is only one, "the the" can be found in Genesis 10:25, Exodus 14:9, 2 Chronicles 6:18, Psalm 18:7, Daniel 3:34, and 2 Maccabees 10:5. I dont want to be critical, but these should have been caught during proof reading by the editoral team. 

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 9:09 AM

mab:

YAY! Just noticed it in my download list!!!GeekedGeekedGeeked

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1063
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 10:13 AM

John Kight:

I've noticed several typos in the Second Edition already (Print and Digital appear to be the same). For example, and this is only one, "the the" can be found in Genesis 10:25, Exodus 14:9, 2 Chronicles 6:18, Psalm 18:7, Daniel 3:34, and 2 Maccabees 10:5. I dont want to be critical, but these should have been caught during proof reading by the editoral team. 

At least they fixed "and and" in 2 Maccabees 13:26 which is good because I can't seem to report typos in the first edition.

Posts 331
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 11:40 AM

I think i am understanding more and more the importance of the LXX. Habbakuk 3:2 for example. This is really fantastic.

Posts 331
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 11:51 AM

FL, any ETA one when morphology/interlinear will be operational?

Posts 635
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 12:16 PM

Chrisser:

FL, any ETA one when morphology/interlinear will be operational?

Jake Mailhot:

. . . the RVI will follow in February.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 331
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 12:23 PM

Thanks.

Posts 450
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 28 2020 3:25 PM

Jake Mailhot:

Thanks Jake - its very generous of Faithlife to make this new edition available for free to holders of the first edition. Your hard work and that of your colleagues is also very much appreciated. Keep well  Paul  

Page 3 of 5 (92 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS