Proliferation of Forums

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1668
PL | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 23 2010 4:19 AM

Do we really need so many top-level forums?  It's getting more and more difficult to navigate... Can we have some consolidation (e.g. combine the various web-based apps into one forum)?

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 4:26 AM

What I do is have subscriptions to all the forums I care about, then I get emails into my Google account. There, I have them labeled and archived when they come in,  so then I can go look at them as a group and it's easy to see the unread ones, plus they are not in my inbox. When I see one I want to reply to, I just click on the forum title link in any of the posts in the thread, and it takes me to the thread on the community forum so I can reply.  I even use the "star" to flag ones I respond to or am especially concerned about watching, so those stand out as well.

It works really well and isolates me from any navigational issues. Plus Google is tons better searching all the posts.

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 5:05 AM

I just use the "posts not read" shortcut on the right - just filter through posts you haven't read, select whats of interest to you. This way there's no excess amount of emails coming from Logos, and its easy to navigate

http://community.logos.com/forums/TopicsNotRead.aspx?ForumID=-1

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS