Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 20
LogosEmployee
Mike Heiser | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:35 PM

Just so you all know, we knew about the error in the Hebrew alphabet video in the "Learn to use...Hebrew" videos.  We found the typo a day before it was scheduled to ship, so rather than delay that any longer, we decided to just make a new video for downloading. It lives here:

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE AR-SA MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

http://www.logos.com/demovideo/hebrew11-alphabet.zip

Mike

Posts 20
LogosEmployee
Mike Heiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:36 PM

no idea where the line of gibberish came from above the upload link. Reminds me of why I don't do forums!

Posts 9482
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:38 PM

I can't get the link to work.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:39 PM

Hi Mike, it looks like the link is dead... It is bringing up an error message.

[edit: sorry, Mark, you beat me to it... I now see that they give you guys the sheriff stars for a reason... Quick on the draw.]

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:39 PM

Link doesn't work for me...

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:39 PM

Perhaps its just me, but the link is not functioning.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 32584
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:05 PM

Michael Heiser:
no idea where the line of gibberish came from above the upload link.

I'll bet you did a copy & paste rather than composing in the forum.

I'll also bet that the copy & paste was from a Microsoft product.

Need more hints as to where the gibberish came from?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 20
LogosEmployee
Mike Heiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 1:18 PM

that's my fault - someone in the office just told me that the link is supposed to be posted by someone who does the web stuff.  I don't know anything about how any of the technical things work in here, so I jumped the gun.  It'll be posted soon by someone else so it will work.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 3:24 PM

Mike,

The "gibberish" comes from copying and pasting text from MS Word (there's a lot of hidden formatting stuff that comes over with a paste and this stuff leaks through. To get rid of it you'd have to edit the HTML.... more work than i'ts worth in my estimation)

Posts 2989
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 3:27 PM

Thanks for the effort Michael. I hope this doesn't keep you away from the forums. Let us know when its available.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 222
Bob Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 5:53 PM

Michael Heiser:
We found the typo a day before it was scheduled to ship

Yikes...  So there are errors in the Greek AND Hebrew alphabet, and u still shipped it?  My confidence in Logos has just went way down.

River of Life Church: http://LifeOverflowing.org

Visit my blog: http://LifeOverflowing.org/pastor

Posts 19254
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 7:03 PM

Kevin Becker:

The "gibberish" comes from copying and pasting text from MS Word (there's a lot of hidden formatting stuff that comes over with a paste and this stuff leaks through. To get rid of it you'd have to edit the HTML.... more work than i'ts worth in my estimation)

You could also paste it into Notepad first, which doesn't take in HTML but plain text, and then copy/paste from there into the forum. Or you could just compose the message in the forum editor; it's not great but it's fine for simple paragraphs and bulleted or numbered lists. Or else don't worry about it. Most of us have gotten used to seeing that gibberish line from time to time and we ignore it.

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 7:28 PM

Michael Heiser:

no idea where the line of gibberish came from above the upload link. Reminds me of why I don't do forums!

Use the paste from Word icon in the forum editor to avoid gibberish. (When pasting from Word.)

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 7:30 PM

Scott S:

Michael Heiser:

Use the paste from Word icon in the forum editor to avoid gibberish.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Here is what happens when you don't use the paste from Word option/icon in the forum editor to avoid gibberish.

Posts 1720
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:38 PM

Pastor Bob Turner:
Yikes...  So there are errors in the Greek AND Hebrew alphabet, and u still shipped it?  My confidence in Logos has just went way down.

I want to apologize for the errors in the videos. This is a new type of product for us, and we didn't have an established process in place.

I can assure you that we believe in putting out a quality product no matter what format it is -- software or content -- and we'll be addressing this (and our processes) immediately.

Posts 158
Fred | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:45 PM

Bob Pritchett:

I want to apologize for the errors in the videos. This is a new type of product for us, and we didn't have an established process in place.

Understood. 

Bob Pritchett:

I can assure you that we believe in putting out a quality product no matter what format it is -- software or content -- and we'll be addressing this (and our processes) immediately.

I have no doubts about that - thanks for jumping in, Bob.

Fred

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 2:47 AM

Bob Pritchett:

No problem...and I know that you will.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 4:20 AM

Bob Pritchett:

If video products are going to be a regular part of Logos' offerings you might want to consider using The Teaching Company ( teach12.com ) as a model. According to a recent catalog which I've since discarded they employ an editorial process before and after the filming and use multiple takes to eliminate errors in their recordings.

Posts 19254
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 12:51 PM

Kevin Becker:

Bob Pritchett:

If video products are going to be a regular part of Logos' offerings you might want to consider using The Teaching Company ( teach12.com ) as a model. According to a recent catalog which I've since discarded they employ an editorial process before and after the filming and use multiple takes to eliminate errors in their recordings.

Yes, I'll second the Teaching Company as a model. Excellent teaching, recording, and editing quality, and people rave about their videos. They've got quite a number of courses on Religion & Theology. But I see that none of those are among their five-star courses. They've got some absolutely awesome art history ones.

Posts 2989
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 27 2010 9:35 AM

Michael Heiser:

Link still doesn't work for me

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS