( multi user ) Add My wife as a User but I don't want to mix my highlights, notes, etc.

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 42 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 9528
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2020 6:00 PM

Luis, you seem quite upset. I am sorry that is so and it is frustrating to find out that something you spent a lot of money for doesn't work as you'd like.

However a couple of suggestions have been made to work around the limitations you are experiencing, and while not giving you exactly the same experience as having two accounts, would work.

Almost everything you create in Logos - note files, clippings, custom highlighting palettes, highlight (note) files, visual filters, layouts, guides, collections, etc. you get to name. Separating your and your wife's files, highlights, etc. can be accomplished by naming the files according to a scheme you develop. A simple scheme adds your first initial to everything you create, and your wife's first initial (if it is different from yours) to everything she creates. You can then easily see what is yours and what is hers. With highlights, you can turn on the ones you created and turn off those your wife created. Just do all your highlighting in a highlight file (note file) with your initial on it (or a series of such files) and visa versa.

It's a bit more work to create and to use, but it isn't onerous and will allow you both to enjoy your own personal experience of Logos.

Why not look into this approach and see if you can make it work?

If you knew ahead of time this is what you'd have to do, I imagine you'd have wished it was different, but would likely have accepted it and decided to put the little bit of extra work in in order to own the benefits Logos offers you.

Feel free to ask questions. There are a lot of helpful people here,

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 10
Jonathan St.Clair | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2020 4:13 AM

greypilgrim:

Have you tried creating different highlighing palettes, then you could turn one on and one off

^^^ I was going to suggest this as well...

Posts 2371
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2020 5:00 AM

My wife and I once started having separate note files, but it was more hassle than it was worth for us and lasted a few weeks--or maybe it was just days. I am the note-hog / highlight king in the family and my wife enjoys reading my notes and seeing my highlights.  That makes is both feel closer.  I'd say give that a whirl. 

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS