iPad screens not always updating fully

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 130
Lawrence Becker | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 16 2020 4:29 PM

Hi, again. I've asked about this before. When I log on to a live presentation with my ipad, often several screens show up as blank in the presentation until I touch them - then they pop right up. I was assuming that the problem was with our ancient router, so I finally updated to the latest, greatest Netgear Nighthawk AX8 router and mesh extender. This definately helped - taking the speed at the iPad from mid-50's to upper 80's - but the problem still is there - but to a lesser degree. 

It was suggested that I go to local control - and that helped, but I still get the missing slides. Is there some way to force the iPad app to sync the slides fully? I tried pulling down the screen with the presentations on it, and I get the rotating circle of dashes - which I assume is an indication of it syncing - but how do you tell when it's done?  Is there another way to force-sync the app? I'm not sure what else to do.

Thanks!

Posts 36343
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2020 11:30 PM

bumping it

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 166
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 26 2020 12:47 PM

Hey Lawrence,

Sorry for the late reply, and for starters, can we grab your most recent mobile log files. If you are on IOS, selecting "send support info" will email your logs directly. We can check to see if we see any errors as well as if the app is on local wifi. 

Pulling down the screen is a great step and that rotating circle of dashes means it's basically loading your presentation data. Once the rotating circles are no longer appearing, that means it finished, but with network sometimes playing a problem. Doing this multiple times may happen.

Again, please send those log files as those will help determine the issue more thoroughly. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS