More information on Passage Guide (and Logos sales pages too!)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 175
Scott Jacobsen | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 18 2020 1:54 PM

When I do a passage guide the resources are found very quickly. Unfortunately, the resources are shown in a rather unhelpful fashion. For example, looking at my resources that deal with Matthew 24:29-31 I get a page of resources which, unless it is identified as a series in its title ("Pillar") I have to access it to find out more information, and often it just uses up time and space. Could the author be included in these lines? Some of these I recognize, but I have many more Matthew resources so there is a lot to find.

Posts 10634
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2020 2:56 PM

Just smiling, are you planning to memorize all the authors? Your struggle is multiplied by however many Logosians there are. In Text Comparison, for a mystery abbreviation, the popup repeats the abbreviation.

Unless your library is unbelievably huge, it's faster (measured in years for a software change), to edit the titles. I put the book number (eg 40 for Matt) followed by the commentary abbreviation on the front of the title. This sorts the commentaries by Bible order, and by series, in a lot of different Logos tools. Sounds time-consuming, but quickly pays off.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS