Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 502
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 19 2020 9:41 AM

Is there a way to tell which resources are used in a course. I am taking CM102 Invitation To Biblical Preaching 1. I don't have the book Choosing To Preach.  I want to know how often it is used in the course and what other resources that I do not own so I can decide which ones to purchase.  Thank you for you help.

Posts 22363
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 10:09 AM

Follow the associated Faithlife group at https://faithlife.com/cm102

Then in the Bible Study: Logos Documents section you will see, among other things, a file called CM102 Resources Linked

That should give you what you are looking for.

Posts 10408
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 11:05 AM

In addition to Graham's great advice, you could look at the start page of the course in the courses tool. This gives the information you can see in the spreadsheet of the course's group directly in Logos. It's not sorted by frequency, but shows with lock symbols immediately which resources you are lacking in your library and how often those resources are suggested as additional reading:

The one you asked about: four times.

EDIT: This is not to belittle the spreadsheets. Actually I was not aware that I owned this specific course at all (must have been a real great deal sometime), since I'm not a preacher. And most relevantly: the courses tool works only for courses you already own, whereas the spreadsheet allows people to consider how much of the suggested reading material of a new course they already own, which may factor in the decision to buy a course in the firstplace. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS