Adding non biblical reference to the passage-list

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 138
Mendel Itkin | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 20 2020 5:03 AM
Hi, I want to add some verses from the Letter of Aristeas to the passage list. Adding "Letter of Aristeas 12" works fine but how do I add more non consecutive verses at once? Like Letter of Aristeas 12, 46, 121, 302… ? Typing Letter of Aristeas 12, 46 or 12; 46 or 12 46 doesn't work. 
Posts 25276
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 12:12 PM

It is obviously limited in that regard, though it does recognise consecutive verses e.g. Let Aris 12-14. So you can save some typing by abbreviating the name.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 138
Mendel Itkin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 12:55 PM

I made a list but Logos doesn't recognize this, so no import possible. I also can't import from clipboard, not even one reference. Try it:

Letter of Aristeas 1
Letter of Aristeas 9
Letter of Aristeas 10
Letter of Aristeas 11
Letter of Aristeas 32
Letter of Aristeas 35
Letter of Aristeas 38
Letter of Aristeas 41
Letter of Aristeas 46

Posts 4725
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 2:14 PM

Mendel Itkin:

I made a list but Logos doesn't recognize this, so no import possible. I also can't import from clipboard, not even one reference. Try it:

Letter of Aristeas 1
Letter of Aristeas 9
Letter of Aristeas 10
Letter of Aristeas 11
Letter of Aristeas 32
Letter of Aristeas 35
Letter of Aristeas 38
Letter of Aristeas 41
Letter of Aristeas 46

I believe the Passage List tool is designed to recognize only Biblical passages.

Posts 27926
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 2:39 PM

Fred Chapman:
I believe the Passage List tool is designed to recognize only Biblical passages.

It depends on the weather i.e. it works with many versified resources but I've not been able to figure out the real rules. For example - see below which was started by the Context Menu "Add to Passage List" but I don't seem to be able to get the full mode.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25276
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 21 2020 3:09 PM

Mendel Itkin:

You can type individual references into the Reference box. Abbreviate by using  let aris

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 27926
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 21 2020 3:40 PM

The magic to get the full/compact to work is to hit enter TWICE in the box where you select the resources. Yes, this is a known bug.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS