Sorting Notes in Notebook

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 110
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 20 2020 6:49 PM

I'm curious as to why we cannot sort our notes in a Notebook by Reference? I realize if we are making notes in a Book of the Bible we can sort by Reference. Since that is so, why is by Reference greyed out in a Notebook? Usually, my Notebooks are based on a Book of the Bible and I would like very much to sort by Reference.

Posts 3116
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 6:52 PM

James H. Schafer:

I'm curious as to why we cannot sort our notes in a Notebook by Reference? I realize if we are making notes in a Book of the Bible we can sort by Reference. Since that is so, why is by Reference greyed out in a Notebook? Usually, my Notebooks are based on a Book of the Bible and I would like very much to sort by Reference.

You actually can, but only in certain circumstances. https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024991111-How-Do-I-with-Notes-and-Highlights-#h.yjdphfhumpuq  

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 30
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2020 11:55 AM

Hi, I tried the steps you mentioned but I do not see the sort by reference option.  I only see "Date Created", "Date Modified" and "Notebook".  Am I doing something wrong?

Ken

Posts 3116
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2020 12:00 PM

Ken:

Hi, I tried the steps you mentioned but I do not see the sort by reference option.  I only see "Date Created", "Date Modified" and "Notebook".  Am I doing something wrong?

Can you post a screenshot?

How to upload logs

Posts 110
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2020 1:32 PM

Hi David, the video in the link shows the sorting being done in the Filter, but not in the Notebooks. When I am working in Notes I nearly always work in a Notebook and that is where I want to Sort by Reference.

Thanks again, for your response.

Posts 3116
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2020 2:24 PM

James H. Schafer:

Hi David, the video in the link shows the sorting being done in the Filter, but not in the Notebooks. When I am working in Notes I nearly always work in a Notebook and that is where I want to Sort by Reference.

Thanks again, for your response.

Hey James, it is the same process. You open the notebook first, but then you still have to go to the filter menu and filter for only Bible References. Then the option to sort by reference is available.

How to upload logs

Posts 4
Jim Weller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 13 2020 5:10 AM

Hi David or anyone with experience with Notes, I'm not sure if my question is the same as James or different. In Logos' 'old notes' if you clicked on an existing note icon in a Bible verse the corresponding note would display and any other existing notes for that chapter would be displayed in reference order similar to if you added notes in the margin of your paper Bible. In the 'new notes' if I click on an existing note icon, another Notebook instance opens and it sorts by notebook and not by reference or resource.  Is there a way to have notes be displayed in reference order corresponding to the Bible chapter/verse opened as if they were notes in the margin of your paper Bible?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Posts 110
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 13 2020 6:35 AM

Good response and question, Jim!! I look forward to an answer, which hopefully will be forthcoming. Personally, I wish we could sort by Reference regardless of which Notebook we are working in, but that is just my opinion. Looking forward to a response to your post.

Posts 22834
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 13 2020 6:52 AM

Hi Jim and James

For a Notebook to be displayed in Reference Order the Bible option needs to be selected in the Reference facet

Without that, my notebook below cannot be sorted by reference

but with that option selected, it can

Does this help at all?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS