March Madness pre-selection

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 11
DaveR | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2020 10:44 AM

Thank you, Kaleb!!  Also for the filter!!

Dave

Posts 9220
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 5:34 PM

Jan Krohn:
The start page now has a section with the most wishlisted items. Surprise, surprise, it now mostly contains very expensive collections and commentary sets. 

What link did you use to see these?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2548
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 10:52 PM

Bruce Dunning:

What link did you use to see these?

www.logos.com

Towards the bottom of the page.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1213
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 14 2020 12:31 AM

Bruce. Jan is referring to the "Most Wishlisted" section of the homepage. I guess it's a strong inference rather than absolute certainty that those items will form part of March Madness.

Posts 9220
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 14 2020 4:24 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Bruce. Jan is referring to the "Most Wishlisted" section of the homepage. I guess it's a strong inference rather than absolute certainty that those items will form part of March Madness.

Thanks. I think I get it now.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1938
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 14 2020 4:58 AM

That list has been available for a long time on the Logos website.    I would not read too much into it.  

Posts 2548
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 14 2020 5:40 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

That list has been available for a long time on the Logos website.    I would not read too much into it.  

I hope you're right. Most of these I wouldn't even buy at 70% off, except maybe the D.A. Carson collection or his sermon archive.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 148
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 2:44 PM

Looks like the matchups are posted: https://bracket.logos.com/

Voting starts next Monday, March 2.

Posts 488
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 3:18 PM

Kevin Clemens:

hmm, a few things I’d consider. A lot I wouldn’t. I was hoping we’d see more of the Patristics though.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM || iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum, Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite. | Silver: Ordinariate. Anglican | Bronze: Standard, Lutheran | Starter: Baptist, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA

Posts 652
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 4:11 PM

I was able to vote. I liked the selections. 

Posts 9220
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 4:44 PM

Into Grace:
I was able to vote.

I was too!

Posts 11
DaveR | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 5:06 PM

It's fun to vote at the beginning when your vote makes such a difference in the score!  Smile

I had hoped for smaller "collections" -- 2-volume sets such as Cranfield on Romans. The most expensive "collection" I put in my wish list was Keener's commentary set on Acts.

I generally don't buy sets, preferring to pick the raisins out of each set...  Wink  But it's always interesting to follow March Madness and see which resources are in the most demand. Hope everybody gets a win they like!

Cheers,  Dave

Posts 1213
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 4:47 AM

Shame the ZEC set hasn't been updated to include the volumes released last year. It only includes these:

https://www.logos.com/product/154657/zondervan-exegetical-commentary-collection-zec

Posts 32
LogosEmployee

Kevin Clemens:

We've published a version of the voting site, but we're working through a few bugs right now. Since the game hasn't officially started yet, all votes will be reset when the game begins on March 2nd—and some of the products may be different, as well. Just wanted to warn you all in advance!

Thanks for being our unofficial beta testers Smile If you experience any problems please let us know! 

Posts 194
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 9:26 AM

Christina de Martínez (Faithlife):

We've published a version of the voting site, but we're working through a few bugs right now. Since the game hasn't officially started yet, all votes will be reset when the game begins on March 2nd—and some of the products may be different, as well. Just wanted to warn you all in advance!

Thanks for being our unofficial beta testers Smile If you experience any problems please let us know! 

Hopefully BECNT is added.

Posts 7087
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 9:43 AM

I’m surprised “Calvin Commentaries” are part of the match ups 😬 They should be ditched and replaced with BECNT.  Calvin is public domain, is included in base packages and has been given away for free in the not so distant past.  Why include them, when there are way better sets? Hmm 🤨 

Posts 3557
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 9:45 AM

Christina de Martínez (Faithlife):
If you experience any problems please let us know!

What about insufficient budget to afford great deals? Can you fix that by increasing the discount to 80%? Wink

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 945
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 10:05 AM

DAL:

They should be ditched and replaced with BECNT.  

Or even better the New Interpreters Bible https://www.logos.com/product/8803/new-interpreters-bible Wink

Posts 7087
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 10:43 AM

David Carter:

DAL:

They should be ditched and replaced with BECNT.  

Or even better the New Interpreters Bible https://www.logos.com/product/8803/new-interpreters-bible Wink

Yep, anything would be better than Calvin! 

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS