8.11 (8.11.0.0017) is now available

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 34 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2985
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 4 2020 2:06 PM

The Logos Bible Software desktop application version 8.11 is now available to all users.

To immediately update to the current stable version, enter the Update Now command. Otherwise, the app will automatically update the next time it's scheduled to check for updates.

Release Notes

Download Link

Posts 318
Michael Parry-Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2020 4:18 PM

Thanks for the update 

Will it be possible to have a setting to switch off the new Search Added a new “Faithlife Media” section to Everything Search, which returns images from media.faithlife.com.

Just want to use Searching the resources I have in my library 

new logos website Searching is not for me as the Logos online services 

just keep getting slower 

Can this have a setting to switch off 

• The Library displays a link to logos.com when searching non user specific facets/fields produces zero results

Mick
Posts 28742
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2020 4:30 PM

Thanks to all the staff involved in the Text Comparison upgrade - this really is a significant improvement for those of us who include the deuterocanonicals.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 371
PJ | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2020 4:55 AM

Win 10 Pro 10.0.18362

Ctrl+Alt+C (Copy location as)

Doesn't work ... Hmm

Posts 74
Mark Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2020 8:42 AM

Constantly crashing since updating. Everything has slowed down dramaticly. Spinning wheel appearing again and again - had to force quit a number of times. Configuration of my system in  signature bar. Running on Mac OS 10.14.6.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Running just over 22,500 resources on Macbook Pro (2018) with 2.9 GHz Intel Core i9 and 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM

Posts 2985
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2020 9:24 AM

Mark Rodgers:

Constantly crashing since updating. Everything has slowed down dramaticly. Spinning wheel appearing again and again - had to force quit a number of times. Configuration of my system in  signature bar. Running on Mac OS 10.14.6.

Thanks for any help in advance.

We need you to provide logs and an Activity Monitor sample. The instructions for getting a log is in my signature.

Posts 2985
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2020 10:27 AM

Michael Parry-Thomas:

Thanks for the update 

Will it be possible to have a setting to switch off the new Search Added a new “Faithlife Media” section to Everything Search, which returns images from media.faithlife.com.

Just want to use Searching the resources I have in my library 

new logos website Searching is not for me as the Logos online services 

just keep getting slower 

You can search just your resources by switching to All Resources.

Posts 2985
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2020 12:56 PM

Mendel Itkin:

I don't have any information on when they will be addressed. I'll update those threads when we do.

Posts 292
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2020 8:21 PM

I have a bug, I think. When I go into my posse guide and attempt to add a section, I click on the add button and the menu of things to add is off the screen to where I cannot read what the choices are. Can someone explain the fix? 

Also, I need clarification on the Biblical Theology search on the context menu that was added with this update. Thanks!. 

Posts 3
Michael Cox | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2020 6:36 AM

Updated to this new version and now Logos indexes every time I start the program.  I'm on a Windows 10 machine.

Posts 28238
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2020 6:46 AM

Michael Cox:

Updated to this new version and now Logos indexes every time I start the program.  I'm on a Windows 10 machine.

Please enable logging (see my signature line), grab the logs, and create a new thread. A techie will help you figure out what is going on. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2985
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2020 1:48 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:

I have a bug, I think. When I go into my posse guide and attempt to add a section, I click on the add button and the menu of things to add is off the screen to where I cannot read what the choices are. Can someone explain the fix?

Pastor Michael,

Can you provide a screenshot? Do you have program scaling turned on? I think you might be experiencing a bug we have a case for, but I wanted to make sure.

Pastor Michael Huffman:
Also, I need clarification on the Biblical Theology search on the context menu that was added with this update. Thanks!. 

It's picking up from the key verses section in the Theology Guide. So if a verse has been tagged it will have the option to search for that theme.

Posts 711
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 5:24 AM

Since the update, clicking the Passage Guide in the Go box crashes the program. Every time, no matter what the Bible reference is. 

Is this happening for others? There have been a few other issues. This update seems like a mess so far. I am on a Mac, BTW.

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 711
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 5:29 AM

My logs for the behavior described above:

6505.LogosLogs.jerrybush.20200210-072806.zip

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 2985
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 9:27 AM

Jerry Bush:

Since the update, clicking the Passage Guide in the Go box crashes the program. Every time, no matter what the Bible reference is. 

Is this happening for others? There have been a few other issues. This update seems like a mess so far. I am on a Mac, BTW.

Jerry,

Do you have the Help File downloaded?

LLS:LOGOS4HELP

2020-01-06T03:37:44Z

LOGOS4HELP.logos4

Posts 711
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 9:35 AM

I am really sorry but I don't understand what you are asking.

Jerry

Posts 2985
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 9:46 AM

Jerry Bush:

I am really sorry but I don't understand what you are asking.

Jerry

Jerry,

I'm asking if you have the Logos Help resource downloaded to your Library? The file name I gave in my comment is the resource information to help you find it.

Can you open your Library and type in the search bar of your Libray the following: title:"Logos Help". If the resource does not show you must have hidden the resource.

If so we will need you to:

1. Open your Program Settings
  2. Scroll down to the bottom and expand the Hidden Resources list
  3. Scroll down to where Logos Help is listed
  4. Either click the x on the end or right-click on the title and choose "Unhide"

Once the resource has downloaded and indexed you should be able to run your Guides without crashing.

Posts 711
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 11:17 AM

Philana -

That did it and you are my hero. If I lived closer I would bring you cookies or your favorite coffee. :)

I don't remember hiding that so it must have been a very long time ago. I also don't understand why that caused it to crash but no matter, it is working now. 

Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 (35 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS